The end date in the report title

Hello
Why the report’s end dat isn’t the last date of reported data, Manager use only the dates (from-to) of the first column in the report
It will be great to have a compatible title with the content

It would be possible to add a check box to mention that the first column is the main one and the other are for comparative reason
Otherwise, the shows the first data date and the ladt data date
Thanks
See below

You have been asked before to stop posting sideways screen shots.

The report format is the way it is because the first column is the main column. That column appears in bold type and matches the date range listed. Other columns are for comparison.

Also you have the option to name the columns as you see fit. Just put your date range in there and you should get the outcome you are looking for.

Have you a problem with the screenshots!
Portrait or landscape , the purpose is to explain the idea

The issue is about the title because the logic says that the title should reflect the data in the report
It’s strange that the title says “this report is from 1-1-2014 to 31-12-2014 and the real data in the report is from 1-1-2014 to 31-12-2017

In my opinion, if an account send such report to his boss, the first question the boss will ask is “why the title didn’t reflect the actually data”

I know that Manager is a wonderful accounting program but if there’s a way to make it better why not

Thanks

Definitely. It’s hard enough to twist my neck to see your screen shots on a stationary monitor. On a mobile device, they change orientation when you try to rotate the device to view them.

When you ask others for help, don’t make it difficult for them to give it to you.

2 Likes

Ok
I’ll remember it next time

Just add / edit the optional text in the report description you setup to say “The report is from 1-1-2014 to 31-12-2017”

Yes, but If I should change the title every time I want to generate a report I will prefer to work on Microsoft word not on Manager.
The main reason I work on Manager is that Manager automates the output’s organization.

No you will not need to change the title for a whole year or just use a generic title and forget about it. You example spans over a range of years. I would have thought Excel would be a better choice for financial data? Anyway have fun.

why dont you just add the columns in reverse order with the most recent data first?
or you can include the first column as a total summary of the whole period you are reporting and then add a yearly comparison. see below for example.

Good
But this is how the table should be to reflect what there’s in the title
My point is the following:

The title should contain the first date in the data as “from” and the last date in the data as ”to”

Or says that this report is for the period from xxx to yyy with comparison up to zzz

So it’s not about how the user treat the report but about how Manager treat the report

What would happen if the first column was 01/01/2018 to 31/12/2018 and the second/last column was 01/01/2017 to 31/12/2017?

Should it show 01/01/2018 to 31/12/2017?

That would be a bit silly!

That is the way we publish our annual reports Current Year and Previous Year

Thanks …but
My idea isn’t about what is in the first column or the last one
But about the earliest date and the latest date in the report data
In your example the title should be **this P/L is for the period from 1/1/2018 to 31/12/2018 compared to the period from 1/1/2017 to 31/12/2017 **

My proposition will be more understandable if there’s a case of a periodical rate

As others have similarly stated the following

will produce

Is that what you require?

2 Likes

Well @VACUUMDOG
Your idea is good, because your report title reflect exactly the content
But you did this by changing your report until you get the title written the way I want it
This is not my suggestion

I suggest that the dates in the title be consistent with what is in the report itself

For example, if you have a P/L statement for the year 2016 alone, I means from 1/1/2016 to 31/12/2016, and another report for the same period (main period of 2016) with the addition of two comparative columns for 2015 and 2014, the titles of the two reports will be the same

This is an issue wich I suggest to be solved by the developer

Then why not try

Edit%20pagew

To get

Just save as separate reports. It’s the best I can suggest.

1 Like

Good
Until solving this issue, your suggestion is the best solution
Thanks a lot @VACUUMDOG