Summary Date Period incorrect

Hi, why is the Profit and Lost Statement in Summary show wierd start date, while the Balance Sheet is just fine. I’ve just remove all old transactions and try to start fresh for 2023.

I’ve checked all entered transactions, none use the date 01-01-0001

Thank you

What do you mean by I’ve just remove all old transactions and try to start fresh for 2023.

There is no need to start afresh for the new year. Manager is a perpetual accounting system - Close an accounting period | Manager

The dates on the Summary page are set using the Edit button

because I want to apply better standard and leave all the mistakes behind, as if I just migrated to Manager, other reasons are:

1. I want to use a new Reference Number format for all transactions.
  2. To reduce the size of database.

Then you have to enter the starting balances and carry on from there Enter starting balances | Manager and set the data on the Summary to 01/01/2023 to 31/12/2023

Note that neither of your reasons are valid - reducing the size of the database is not necessary and you could use the new reference numbers from 1st Jan in any case

Most businesses like to compare data from previous years

You would be better off, if you corrected the mistakes in previous years rather than start afresh but it’s your choice

some mistakes are inefficient if I have to correct, such as the Custom Fields, the “new” and the classic custom fields which I read will be obsolete soon. So switching from the Classic to New are very troublesome. I’m still keeping and running the previous year, just that we decided to use a fresh database for 2023 onwards.

I’ve checked again, the cause of the 01-01-0001 is when I enter Starting Balance for the Inventory Items, why? I guessed it’s like Manager is looking for the Start Date but can’t find one (as there’s no more Start Date in Settings)

i’ve tried with a new Business, so whenever we enter Starting Balance, ie. the Bank & Cash Account, it will set the start date at 01-01-0001, is it a bug or what?

There is no Start Date anymore - so 01/01/0001 is the default for the Summary screen. This is not a bug

You can set the Date for the Summary screen here

1 Like