Sub-account in a expense account

The main problem is that level line custom fields can only be a text field. No other option. Enabling different kind of custom fields, like for header position would be a great step forward.

I am sorry, @Davide, I do not understand the connection of your last comment to this discussion. Can you please explain what you mean in more detail?

I mean that we could make a better use of line level custom fields if @lubos enables the possibility to choose the typology of the field, ie single line text, drop down etc etc.

For example if we want to use the custom field to split revenues a drop down menu would make the reclassification less error prone. If we need to insert a date we could use the drop down calendar…

Ok. I agree with you. But that is separate from the subject of this thread.

On the summary page, is it possible to have a collapsible sub-accounts for Expenses as shown in the image? When there is a need for multiple sub-accounts under various expense categories, the summary page becomes too long.
Screenshot 2021-02-17 073354

This is done with groups. Read the Guide about building a chart of accounts.

The previous screenshot displays the entries listed under the Group Linen (I added + and - symbols to denote collapsed and expanded view). On Summary screen, the main account Linen is not collapsible.
On Summary screen, under Expenses, is there a way to display only the main account (Group) and hide sub-accounts under each main account (Group)?
Screenshot 2021-02-17 130012

An example from Assets on the Summary page:
Screenshot 2021-02-17 131653

This kind of option would work too.

This is not possible with the current implementation of Manager.

Is there a plan to add collapsing of sub-accounts of a main account (Group) under Expenses on the Summary page as a feature in a future release of Manager?

You should check if it is in the Ideas or not. Being in the Ideas is not a guarantee that it will be implemented

Thank you, Davide. I found the same request in Ideas and I have voted for it.

1 Like