Starting bank account

Hello i had a question about the starting account of the bank account.

I downloaded the newest version of manager and filled in the details of my bank account. but where can i put the amount of maney which is now on the bank account to start with? i did this in previous versions and there is a box where i can fill in the starting amount at that particular bank account.

so how can i do this in this new version? i think it’s a lack in the program that i can’t input my starting amount on my bank account. why did you get this function out of the program?

I read that i have to make an receipt. but how do i make that? cause where will that money come from and how to book this right? because i have it on my own bank account which i wille use.

Hope someone can help me with this how to put a starting balance on my bank account.

So i have a bank account with let’s say € 10.000 euro on it, how do i get this € 10.000 to be on my bank account in manager?

thnx

gr.

Remy

So first off you should read both the new & old guides.
New Guides
Old Guides
Not everything applies in the old guides.
Also setup a test business and play around with the different tabs as you read.
Once you do that then ask us here on the forum.

See https://www.manager.io/guides?bank-and-cash-accounts

Initializing Your Account Balance

After you create your bank or cash account, you will notice its balance will be zero. You can enter New Payment or New Receipt transaction to establish its starting balance. Alternatively, you can enter New Journal Entry to establish starting balance across multiple bank or cash accounts at once.

So in a nutshell:

Journal entry example (note I used retained earnings but you could also use a capital account if more suitable)

Receipt example, edit screen and View - Journal screen