Split the Production Orders column in Quantity Summery report

I am asked to get the total amount of imported and exported items into our inventory this year

Splitting the column of production orders into Consumed and Produced will eliminate the ambiguity I have in Production Orders.
This is a simplified test case below where I don’t know how much Fermented Apple I produced during the year and how much I consumed to make apple vinegar

I have more than 110 products with various production stages like the one below

Production orders have nothing to do with whether inventory items were imported or exported.

We have a similar issue with some of our raw materials. (Cloud version)
Our inventory is in kilogram (kg) but some of our suppliers sell in liters, lbs, oz etc.
We have a separate item code for these items and then use a production order to convert the item from the other unit to kg.

It makes it hard to use the ‘Inventory quantity summary report’ as the converted items will be considered as “produced”. Maybe our work around was not very smart and perhaps there is a better way?

I’m now in the similar position as OP as I would like to be able to use the ‘Inventory quantity summary report’ to calculate average usage in order to make more accurate purchase orders. For the raw materials where conversion is needed I can’t do that.

I hope that makes sense. Would really appreciate some help on this matter.

1 Like

see similar past threads How to manage the difference of purchase item unit and sale item unit - #2 by sharpdrivetek , Multiple units of measure - #4 by Tut

Thank you. Yes we are using option 2. The downside being that we don’t have a way at the moment to easily check usage as the report doesn’t differentiate production orders going in and out.

The first option is tricky, because supplier standards vary and we often have to make small modifications especially when it comes to volume measurements as the densities of different oils, fragrances etc are all different. Before we use to go back and change the purchase invoice after we verified the amount received, but it doesn’t feel very elegant.

In some cases it does. When I use a production order I am transforming a raw material into a different material that of course causes changes in the inventory in terms of space and quantity of the items involved. If wanted to calculate how much space I need for fermented apple barrels (which sits in the inventory for 6 months), I have no way of predicting how much should I import/export from the inventory.

Manager is an accounting software not an ERP software. It is not designed to be used for forecasting future production, sales and inventory levels

That is neither importing nor exporting, which is what you asked about in your initial post.

I explained what I mean by import / export. You could replace it with bring-in and bring-out. Words can have more than one meaning you know but none of that affect my issue here.

I cant understand about tis foram please tell me some informatons.

Welcome to the forum @afghanking.

You can refer to forum’s Community Guidelines and the Terms of Service for more information.

I suggest start by

• reading the table of contents for Manager’ guides Guides | Manager
  • install the desktop version of Manager
  • create multiple test business to try out features of Manager which interest you

For more specific advice you will need to ask a more specific question.

By the way you are off topic for this thread which is against forum guidelines.

1 Like

@BawarYassin, the existing Inventory Quantity Summary report cantains all the information you have said you need. Using your example:

• The Purchases column tells you how much Fermented Apple you have bought.
  • The Production Orders column tells you how much Fermented Apple you have produced (positive numbers) and consumed to make Apple Vingegar (negative numbers). Since this is a net value for the period, drill down on the number to see the various transactions. You can copy the transaction breakdown to a spreadsheet if desired. There, you can manipulate figures to provide totals in each category, if necessary. Once created, you can use the same spreadsheet over and over.
  • The Sales and Credit Note columns tell you how much you have sold (if any) and had returned (if any).

@Tut, Thanks for explaining but it is a bit more complicated than that in my example we do not purchase Fermented Apples.
I will explain in detail what is missing:

• In stage one of production, We buy apples as raw material then grind them and put them in barrels to become Fermented apples.
  • In the second stage, we filter the Fermented Apple to get the Apple Cider Vinegar and this is also stored in barrels using another production order.
  • The third stage of production is when we put the vinegar into glass bottles.

The issue with the Inventory Quantity Summary report is that it gives the total motion and I have to drill down on every item (for the 110 products which is nearly impossible) to be able to extract the information I want which is: