Specify different logo for a Custom Theme

I would like to specify a slightly different logo for an entity’s Custom Theme. The objective is to use this logo for a particular customer invoice.
The standard manager template is currently used so I understand for this particular logo change a custom template is required.

Two things:

1. Is Manager able to make / preserve the standard theme as a custom template?
    Had a look and there only appears to be the modified / custom versions with colour and layout changes, no standard template build.

2. How do we specify only a logo change in the custom template given we have the image name and compatible image size etc available?
    Just feel we should have some clear directive as to the most efficient way of achieving this task without digging deep into html code.

Any thoughts?

you cannot edit or disable the default plain theme. therefore it is always preserved.
read the below guide where details on how to copy a theme is described.
https://guides.manager.io/10366

in the modified theme replace the line for logo with the source of your new logo.

Not sure why the “Plain Theme” would not copy to a “Plain New” theme when testing earlier on a Test Company. Well it is accomplished now and working on the entity in question which is great.

Regarding the second question. It does not appear to be as simple as defining the logo and path / source in the template. However I think the logo change will be very simple to specify in the theme template if we could access the “resources” location in Manager. This will very likely unleash a lot of other "I want to …." when it comes to customization in the server version at least.

Resources1

Anyone know where this resources folder is located?

everything related to your business including logo is stored in your business data file which is saved in the application data folder specified under Preferences in Manager.
there is a guide to identify the various files in your application data folder.

it is way more easier to add the image source in your theme rather than trying to edit the business data file which would corrupt the complete business data.

I struggle to see how adding an image file next to a bunch of other image files is going to corrupt the web interface. The resource location could be a common location and shared by all entities.

i think you are assuming the Manager installation folder and Application data folder to be the same. they are not. please read the guides to understand better.

I am fully aware they are in different locations hence my question, does any one know where the resources folder is located? For a standard Linux Server install of Manager searching under /root/.local/share/Manager/ (This is where the data resides) and /usr/share/manager-server (Application data) no resources folder revealed.

The trouble is the Documentation does not refer to this small change we wish to make. Only the standard global changes which you refer to.

just to be clear, what logo are you trying to change?
the logo that appears on your login page or the logo that appears on your documents?

for the former, you will have to replace the logo file in your Manager installation folder.

for the latter, you can either change the business logo under Settings or you can use a custom theme as suggested earlier.

No not the logo on the logon page that has been done years ago. Please the objective is to use a different logo for a particular customer invoice. Now this can be done by selecting your custom template for the invoice. So all that needs to change is logo for that particular invoice.

How do we specify only a logo change in the custom template given we have the image name and compatible image size etc available?
Just feel we should have some clear directive as to the most efficient way of achieving this task without digging deep into html code.

Access to the resources location will allow us to change the favicon.ico as well which is another thing I wish to do with this white label product.

anything related to custom themes can only be done with knowledge of html or liquid coding.
if you are not familiar with coding you can hire someone locally to do it for you. a skilled programmer can easily find and replace codes as necessary.

you can also search the forum for ideas on how to add images. they have been discussed many times.

this would be known to the system administrator who installed Manager on the server. if you are not the system administrator you should contact them.

If there is anyone out there who has done this contact me privately through this forum.

Just a quick note - Using image files located in the “resources” location works exactly the way I expected. Easy and fast for all themes. Just need to get my png file in that location and job done.

We have customized theme templates to offer multiple logos as needed and is working well since. However these logos are pulled from another web server and not from the local Manager Server.
Access to the Manager’s Resource location will solve this. Is the “resource” folder in Manager Server a virtual resource or something else because our preference is to keep this logo data on the Manager Server itself?

See below

Resources1