DESKTOP EDITION CLOUD EDITION SERVER EDITION GUIDES FORUM

Single Touch Payroll Australia

All employers with 20 or more employees have had to report via single touch pay roll since 1 April 2018 so must now no longer use manager.io for payroll

Only employers with 19 of fewer employees have until 1 July 2019 to comply with STP reporting requirements but are encouraged to achieve it prior to that time. After then ALL employers will no longer be able to use manager.io for payroll on Australia.

It is a difficult judgement call to guess if Manager.io will be compliant with STP by 1 July 2019 or not. I believe it requires API support and an external supplier to offer a compliant product. I suspect at this time it is probably wise for all employers to look at moving their payroll to another platform given this uncertainty.

I am concerned about waiting until March to see if Manager will have STP available. If it doesn’t that will leave very little time to get sorted. That would be just 3 months to switch to another platform and, biggest issue of all, get our people using it correctly.

Say, this is quite interesting. Copied from the ATO website just now. I’ve been hoping they would have an alternative for people with only a few employees. Reporting weekly doesn’t bother me at all so long as I don’t have to pay a small fortune for the privilege.
"We won’t force employers with 19 or less employees to purchase payroll software if they don’t currently use it. Different STP reporting options will be available by 1 July 2019 to help smaller employers.

We have asked software developers to build low-cost STP solutions at or below $10 per month for micro employers – including simple payroll software, mobile phone apps and portals.

We have received over 20 expressions of interest (EOI) from software developers and will publish a register of the successful EOIs we have received by 30 November 2018.

Micro employers (1–4 employees) will also have a number of alternate options that are not available to employers with 20 or more employees – such as initially allowing your registered tax or BAS agent to report quarterly, rather than each time you run your payroll.

@ Mary,

I really think that Manager has no option but to get compliant quickly with STP (single touch payroll) and SBR (standard business reporting). Otherwise Manager becomes a very good software, but only useful for home budgeting, or other non-reporting type businesses (e.g. shady ‘cash only’ private concerns). It would be a real shame if Manager were relegated to that scenario. I use Manager, but I use other software (Free) for STP & SBR. Can’t say on here what those are because TUT informed me it’s not kosher to mention names of other software.

Just my humble opinion. :blush:

@Harry2 What other software products do you use to extend Manager.io functionality (while it does not currently support those functions)? An interim solution to STP and SBR would be appreciated however I agree native support would be preferable.

Oops
Apparently Software which extends Manager.io functionality or corrects a deficit in it, is banded on this forum so the above question can not be answered with a public post here. I think private messaging of this information is allowed on this forum.

Hi Lubos

What a great time to get Single Touch Payroll up and running ASAP now that it is law for under 20 staff.

There are so many schools out there that run their P&C or P&F committee’s with no software. They all usually have a canteen lady that is paid a wage and will need a solution. The sooner you get this up and running, the quicker you could get this out to schools as a fix…

Please do not make us wait…

Is there any update to Manager providing support for Single Touch Payroll (STP). Currently running a charity with no paid staff but will be putting one on from around 1 July. If no integration or simple to use solution, then may have to ditch Manager.

The July deadline is closing in fast. Could you please update us with STP plans for Manager? Is it being worked on now? Will it be an add-on? Will it incur an extra cost on the cloud subscription?

Find out more from the Australian Tax Office here…
Cheers :slight_smile:

The link that @Harry3 posted is a list of no-cost or low-cost payroll solutions that is available on the ATO website. You could handle your payroll through that, and enter aggregated / summary values into Manager before a reporting period ends.