Show customer due on sales invoice

need to show the customer due on the new sales invoice.
it will help the customer to know there outstanding on every purchase.
how we can get this support with this software

1 Like

Due Date is listed on Sales Invoices, see screenshot:

1 Like

Also under reports you can generate a customer statement for unpaid invoices, see screenshot:

Hello Guys,
mr @Misu_khan has requested for the balance due to be shown on the customer’s invoice when ever customer transacts us - this is actually an old customer preferences. So, if not available in Manager now, I would recommend it to be added by @lubos. mr. Khan did not request customer statements and due dates and so on.

Every partly paid invoice already does that, so the request is confusing to say the least.

No confusion @eko, it means - he needs that the invoice printed from his system should show the balance due as a figure in order for the customer to be able to know his balance with mr Khan. that is - far from confusion !

It is confusing because this is a default feature of Manager, see screenshots of a test business,of a Customer Invoice showing balance due

and of the Invoices Tab showing balance due

How about if there was a $200 balance before this invoice of $195 - what we want is that: This invoice is to show 200 of previous balance plus this 195 = $395 - this is what some customers always ask us for more that two decades - Is it possible for you mr @eko to help mr Khan regarding this

The problem is that the balance due is a moving amount as invoices are raised and posted and payments and credit notes are processed

So a customer could have two or more different balances during the day - this would be very confusing

The Customer Statement is designed to give a customer an overview of their account balance at a particular time

That is what the Customer Statement (Unpaid Invoices) shows.

I would suggest as the following screenshot
The outstanding at that particular moment (Closing Balance of the Customer Statement -Transaction) shall be brought and printed in the present invoice
Screenshot 2024-01-02 184237

2 Likes

What happens if the invoice is reprinted another time and the balance has changed?

I don’t think this is a good idea at all

1 Like

Dear
I am asking for due amount not due date.

thanks for the support

The due amount could well be different if the invoiceis printed, or reprinted, on a different date

2 Likes

This has already been asked several times, e.g. in this thread

1 Like

Joe91
Nothing will happen if the invoice is reprinted unless a new invoice is raised
We can reprint any number of copies of the same invoice without any changes to the accounting

anyway, this would be fantastic option if added to our Manager Software - regardless of point of view difference.

2 Likes

agreed, its usefull option, majority Accounting software has these options, infact this data is available in manager also, only issue to to print it on final invoice.

@lubos is it possible to call amount customer/Supplier statment or any other report somehow?

1 Like

how do you like me?

If its that important for someone just add a custom field and add the outstanding balance in it. It wont change with time. You just have to do it manually.
Or maybe @Mabaega could help in writing a script which could autofill that custom field.

1 Like