Should Manager Desktop run in browser instead of standalone application

I fully agree with the complaints about a lack of a stable/development version.

In point of fact, I created a post specifically on that!

I actually think that you have hit on the solution! The issue of cloud/server/desktop is a bit of a red herring. The real issue is the need to add extra functionality for the desktop version to get it to work. When I install the Server - all I am really doing is extracting some files and creating a service to start the service. I don’t need to install webviewer etc. Why is this necessary for the desktop version?

@lubos would you not consider a solution that works similar to the server install for desktop users. You don’t need to “install” the program, nor worry about dependencies such as .net and webview. You have all the benefits of using the browser - eg open in new tab etc! The only thing that needs to be addressed is the install of a service like the server service.

I would highly recommend that the server version be tweaked a bit to make it easy for end users to install (the service and extract the files) and web shortcut to open in a browser and then have one product which works on cloud, server and desktop computers!

So don’t abandon the desktop version - rather merge it into the server version concept.