Shipping Address: Customer -> Quote -> Order -> Invoice

I completely understand the reasoning. I just added that into my post as a related detail to illustrate the difference between fields like phone number, etc. and a field that really must follow around like Shipping Address. It was definitely not a complaint or even a request for something to change, hence why I noted “this ended up being a non-issue.

They are identical and the setup is below. I am using version 18.7.6.

Just in case, I checked “Show custom field as column” to see if that would make it copy, although Shipping Address is something we definitely do not want as a column.

Now with the following customer:

Creating a sales order with that customer does the following…

Note that the Shipping address field did not copy over.

I do not see a Delivery address field when I create a new customer (see prior customer screenshot). Perhaps I have an incorrect setting?

Additionally, it does have a purpose on forms such as quotes because we often quote shipping costs along with the items we are selling. Then it should also show on the order form so when we send a PDF order confirmation to customers, the customer ensures it is going to be sent to the right address, and should show on invoices so the customer’s accounting department knows where the goods were sent.

I’m reading here that sometime this month a new API is supposed to be released. I’m almost wondering if it might be easier to integrate our website with Manager and eliminate a lot of these issues once the new API is released (don’t want to code it twice) as we receive many of our orders and requests for quote online off of our website. That way, information is entered through the website control panel but, for accounting purposes, is reflected in Manager.