Server Edition Down

Hello, I am a user of manager server edition. I install the app in a windows10 desktop and I just finished a windows update then I found all the app data lost…
The adimistrator password is empty now, even ask me to enter the product key…What can I do???
BTW, how can I find back my producy key?? .
Help!!!

When something emergency happened…
Found it no any channel to ask for help:joy:

server edition works even without product key, dont you have a backup to recover your data ? is possible you are using windows under a new user name ? because from what i remember appdata is stored in windows user profile in appdata folder if i am not mistaken,
dont you have your previous user key ?

Thank you, Genti. But I did buy a product key and enter into the app, my email received a payment receipt but no product key text was sent to me.

I am in the same windows user as before, but I open the 127.0.0.1:8080 …then a brand new manager with no data is shown to me…going be crazy
I go to C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Manager…I can see some files, but these files’ modified date are months ago, they should be the data files of desktop edition I used months ago…so where is my server edition data??Why can I find it???
Am I fool to buy a software without support?

How do you start your Manager server. What command line?
Also try searching your hard drive for *.manager files.

Thank you. I just right click the manageser run as administrator, no path command before. I searched the local hard disk for *.manage but only files in the user’s app data folder as I said before.

add /path to the localhost address. It will point you to the location of the data files. As in 127.0.0.1:8080/path

1 Like

Thank you for your guide, It shows me a path to windows\system32.…\appdata\local\manager, only a new 0000000000000.manager in it. I still don’t know how to find out the old data.
Maybe the windows file search can’t find out the file in system folder? How can I search it?

try looking in C:\Users\ “%username%” \AppData\Local\Manager
without “” and spaces

Try Everything. Search other drives if you have.
Also please copy paste the result from 127.0.0.1:8080/path. It cannot be something starting with windows/system32 … If so youo have some really weird instalation.

Do we have any logs record the old path?

This is it, there is only one path where Manager Server stores your business data files and that is what you are seeing. Old files as you are saying can only be obtained if you backed up. And I do not think you did that, else you will know where you backed up your old files to. Manager Server does not automatically back up your files for you.

So just one windows auto update and Manage lost all it’s files? So sorry that I pick this so unreliable software…sad…

and no one officially answer how can I get my product key back, I paid for it!!!

1- windows update problem not manager nobody know what windows messed up in that update
2- didnt you find the manager files? in C:\Users\ “put your username here” \AppData\Local\Manager
without “” and spaces
3-manager do give easy option of backup
4-you are writing in the general forum for your product key write to @lubos for it

P.S Manager has the greatest support i have seen until now in a software both from users and developers

1 Like

thank you, I found some manager files in C:\Users\ “put your username here” \AppData\Local\Manager
without “” and spaces, but the files’ modified date are months ago , they should be data for the desktop edition I use before.

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Manager try open manually this folder maybe is acces denied for manager after the update
opening manually you will se if your old files are there

is not first time windows 10 messes up that folder, a quick search on google will prove it

if you dont find nothing there
you can try a system restore maybe and i say maybe it will help, if it help store the files somwhere else

1 Like

Open Explorer and browse to C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Manager\ . Post screenshot here. Make sure View/Show Hidden items in Explorer Window - is checked.

Horay!!! I found the old data files in
C:\Windows.old\WINDOWS\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Manager

What can I do to restore the system?

1 Like