Scanning and saving receipts on local hard drive

I hope this ability will be added at some time. Along with the warehousing module, this software will just get better.

Is this update planned for next upcoming release? Any timelines?
We were promised this feature 4 months back

Even we are waiting for this update

The ability to attachƩ receipts would be an absolute boon - you would have my undying gratitude! :smile:

This would be highly valuable and I note that XERO as the new market leader in accounting provides this out of the box in that you can associate a source document with a given transaction.

I used to use Expensify to store receipts but found the system unreliable and clunky, instead weā€™ve switched to Xpenditure which is far better at reading/deciphering receipts automatically.

The issue is however, there is no way to easily cross reference which transactions are missing source documents and/or easily submit documents to associate with transactions in the accounting system because the systems are both independent of each other.

Any news on this upgrade?

Hi Lubos,

We purchased the server edition in May and weā€™ve been discussing about attaching receipts way long back since January. Itā€™s been almost a year since the update was promised for this featureā€¦ have you been able to look into this?

2 Likes

Any news on this? It would be super handy.

A minimal implementation could be as follows:

1. User selects to attach receipt / upload to cloud version
  2. Receipt image is highly recompressed to 20kb to prevent bloat.
  3. File name is auto generated, and file stored in subfolder within Manager database folder
  4. File name referred to in Manager database, linking the image with the receipt

This should work across all versions in a portable way.

PS: A4 page photographed is highly readable in 20kb JPG2000 - even with large area of a textured background.

HI Manager,

Does this request sit on the roadmap?

This request has been implemented - Read this Guide Manager Cloud

Thanks Brucanna,

So understanding the files are incorporated into the Manager file.
Does this mean the file has the potential of becoming big and therefore taking longer to compute tasks/reports?
Are the files converted on upload to manager to reduce size?
*this is for local install version

Will there be an export function to export the attachements?

thanks for this information,
but, if I need to store the hard documents into hard file (for visual store and reference) using a sequences reference codes
if possible by automaitcaly generating a daily journal entry for each account transaction (invoice, payment, receive money , any ) according to hard documents it
regards

Your question is not clear. Can you explain in greater detail what you are trying to do?

You have already asked this question in another topic, please donā€™t duplicate your questions in other topics.