Save header title in reports to memory stick

Hello, I am at tax time and previously when saving reports to memory sticks they would give the company name followed by the name of the report for example
Company name- Trial Balance- as at 30.06.2023
or
Company name-General Ledger Transactions - for the period 01.07.2022 to 30.06.2023

Now the file name only shows the date 2023- the bank account name or accrual etc

How do I reinstate the header name to the file name, please?

I looked up the guides as well as the forum and could not locate the answer which must have been asked hundreds of times. I did note Tut and Lubos gave feedback on similar topics but did not address this specifically, I am sorry

Do not knoiw what your problem is. Using version 23.7.27.928 when viewing the report and clicking on Print button and save as PDF it would display as you want it, i.e. Company name-General Ledger Transactions - for the period 01.07.2022 to 30.06.2023

I think what @Mifs is refering to is when saving the file using the PDF button the file is saved without all the info eg business name, report type etc. like it used to.

Business Name-Trial Balance As at 30/06/2022-Cash basis
noinfo

As you know the PDF generator is made obsolete and one needs to use the print button to save as PDF.

1 Like

Yes, yes, yes…but it used to do it and it’s not obsolete yet and should not be continually dismissed as such!
Using the print dialogue to print to ‘Microsoft Print to PDF’ gives NO AUTOFILL TITLE AT ALL
( 23.7.27.928 - W10).
The report name is not being parsed to the file name.
However, when sending via the email button the PDF file gets named like it used to
emailrep

By the way, all reports, Invoices, Payments etc exhibit the same behaviour.
Me thinks maybe its a bug,

I prefer not to use the Microsoft Print to PDF option, but rather the Print > Save as PDF option. The Microsoft option doesn’t autofill a filename.

That works, but none of the other options, Print to ‘Foxit’, XML, OneNote etc, do.

Hello,

Thanks kindly for your prompt reply.

I have the latest desktop version of Manager operating on Windows 10.

The older versions of Desktop Manager used the header detail for the file name and as you can see in the current version of Manager, it does not.

I have pressed the PDF Button next to the print button to get the results. When I print and go to Microsoft Print to PDF, you can see in the file name (P & L header file name using print in PDF) that it displays nothing in the file name.

Could you please advise what I am doing wrong and how I can reinstate what Manager used to do so well, for example, Company name-General Ledger Transactions - for the period 01.07.2022 to 30.06.2023

Kind regards

Mifs

P & L header.jpg

Balance Sheet header .jpg

Bank Account Summary header.jpg

Use the Save as PDF not Microsoft Print to PDF in the printer selection.
PrintPdf

Gives you

|

eko
August 1

|

• | - |

Mifs:

Company name-General Ledger Transactions - for the period 01.07.2022 to 30.06.2023

Do not knoiw what your problem is. Using version 23.7.27.928 when viewing the report and clicking on Print button and save as PDF it would display as you want it, i.e. Company name-General Ledger Transactions - for the period 01.07.2022 to 30.06.2023

P & L header.jpg

Balance Sheet header .jpg

Bank Account Summary header.jpg

It’s not clear what you want to transmit with this post. @VACUUMDOG already gave you the answer.

Thanks for the solution, the above solution is the only one that now works

Thanks for the solution, I understand now, this is the only option

“when viewing the report and clicking on Print button and save as PDF it would display as you want it, i.e. Company name-General Ledger Transactions - for the period”

Kind regards

mifs