Rounding differences

I have a question on rounding. I have a payment slip that comes up with 4 cents more than what is on the original invoice from the supplier. What want to know is which side is wrong ( Manager or supplier invoice side) or are both sides right? what is an acceptable difference in rounding? The sales tax comes out the same. Below are two screen shots of the invoices.

I was given a 20% discount I suspect that it is in the way they calculate the discount.

The above invoice was a pdf file, the following data is from a XML file, both came by email from the suppliers invoice provider.

It’s hard to say - .04c is not a problem. But you could enter each item on manager first and then have a separate line for the discount and then you will see where the difference is. See if Manager gives you $106,522.20 first before applying the discount.

There is no way of answering your questions without knowing how the other software involved calculates its discounts and taxes and when it applies its own rounding. That is, are taxes and discounts applied individually at the line-item level, then summed? Or are they calculated on subtotals, then summed? Are taxes calculated on discounted prices, then rounded? Or on totals, then rounded? The fact that two different displays of the invoice show lots of numbers really gives no indication of how the final values were obtained. The supplier’s software could calculate all these numbers independently, then round and/or combine them in ways that are not obvious. Ask the supplier for clarification about that.

Calculations are per line, the discount is calculated before the tax. I put this into excel and got the same result

Yes I tried that and that works.

Another question, is there no way to put a discount per line in the payment tab? On invoices I can, but I don’t see the option in Payments.

So your supplier’s invoice uses the same methodology Manager does.

No. A payment form must match what you actually pay exactly. Discounts can lead you into situations where fractions are tinier than your currency’s smallest division.

If you have first entered a purchase invoice, make any necessary adjustments there. In this example, no adjustments would be necessary, and your payment would simply be for the payable amount. See https://www.manager.io/guides/9499. If you are paying directly without entering a purchase invoice, but still need to reflect the individual line items in order to add them to inventory, simply use your supplier’s numbers. (After all, they gave you a lot of them.) Depending on what a supplier shows on their invoice, you may have to calculate the discounted unit price manually to generate the extended amount shown on the invoice.