Report Amount Paid to Suppliers

The Supplier Statements report only seems to include purchase invoices, not suppliers. Our society promotes concerts and the performers are paid by check right after the performance so there’s really no need for a purchase invoice. I have set up some of the performers with Supplier accounts and when I enter the payment in the bank account, it auto-completes the performer name so it must be recognizing them as suppliers.

I can’t find a way of reporting on the amount paid to a selected supplier/performer in a given timeframe. I tried using the Cusotm Reports feature but got various errors even though the SQL syntax was correct and I’ve also seen posts that the Custom Reports feature is not ready for prime time yet so that doesn’t appear to be an option.

Any ideas?

It auto completes the Supplier’s name because that name has been added to the Payers list within the Spend Money, however there is no transaction linkage between the Cash Accounts and Suppliers tabs unless you are using the Account - Accounts Payable.

To obtain your required report you could create Purchase Invoices for those payments and then Reports - Statements or, under the Summary tab - Set Period amend the dates for your given timeframe required and then click on the balance for the applicable account (Performers Fees) and you will see those only those related payments.

I think you’ve answered my question - there is no way to get the report I want without creating purchase invoices which really isn’t necessary for any other reason. It would be like creating a purchase invoice for buying something out of petty cash.

I tried the Custom Reports again and finally got past the syntax errors it had given me the first time around but the query I entered produced no data which I know to be incorrect.

Maybe Custom Reports should have a big banner saying “Experimental” or something so new users don’t think it should work.

If you go into the cash account from which you paid the performer (checking?) and type the performer’s name in the search field, you will get a list of all payments to that performer.

Clicking on the column head “Date” will allow you to sort the payments, but to get a break down by time period you would have to export to a spreadsheet.

No, as @Brucanna said, you can set the reporting dates for an appropriate time period and get the information without an export and external manipulation.

Did you attempt this ??

When I set the time period and drill down to a Cash Account from the Summary page, Manager ignores the From date and lists all entries from the beginning of the company. The Until date works.

If I drill down in Accounts Receivable, it is the same: Manager lists all transactions from the start of the company.

Interestingly, in Revenue and Expense accounts Manager does only display transactions for the time period chosen.

Please try setting a period and then drilling down to a Cash Account, and let me know if I am doing something incorrectly.

@dcVest Thanks for that, it works fine. I’m also confirming that selecting the Accounting Period from the Summary page has no effect on what is displayed for a cash account, so you are correct that an export/spreadsheet is required to get totals for a specific period, which is fine with me.

@Brucanna I’m not trying to get a repot on an account, I’m trying to get a report on a specific supplier without the need to enter purchase invoices.

Balance sheet accounts will always display from the starting date forward to the end date. Otherwise, you cannot determine the current balance on the end date. P&L accounts will report for the defined period.

You can’t, because Suppliers are subaccounts of the Accounts payable control account, which can only be used through purchase invoices, payments, and journal entries. See this Guide: http://www.manager.io/guides/issue-supplier-statements/7023.

To clarify, setting the Period had no effect at all for me on what was displayed in my bank account, all transactions were displayed and the the From and To dates were both ignored.

The behavior depends on where you are looking. When you look at the balance sheet on the Summary page, things are as I described. When you look under Cash Accounts, you are not looking at the balance sheet, you are looking at the ledger for the particular bank account, which includes everything. So if you drill down from different starting points, you get different results.

You will, I believe, see these things if you pay close attention to all aspects of the screens you see rather than focusing on a single number or column. Looks at dates, debits and credits, and understand the context for what you are viewing.