Removing obsolete entries from autocomplete

Is there a way to manually delete entries that appear in autocomplete lists for various fields? I rely on the autocomplete entries in the Invoice summary field of Sales Invoices to maintain consistency in how I label my invoices. Unfortunately, there are some old entries that appear in autocomplete that I don’t want to see there anymore. Other than finding all prior uses of those entries in old invoices and deleting there (which I don’t want to do, for obvious reasons), is there a way to selectively get rid of autocomplete entries?

(In MS Outlook, you can selectively delete an email address from the autocomplete list by highlighting it and hitting the Delete key. That trick doesn’t work in Manager.)

1 Like

Autocomplete options should be sorted by when they’ve been used last time. The older ones should be at the bottom. They will be eventually pushed out of the view.

Only if there’s something to push it.

For example, in my Invoice Description field, I’ve used a number of things but the only ones I’ve used in the past that start with the letters CO are:

• Consulting services
  • Consulting services for 2015 year-end project

You see the problem. Consulting services is the one I use most often, by far. But every time I type CO, I’m presented with both options, and since they both start with the same two words, it’s not difficult to click on the wrong one. I’ll never need to use the second choice again, but I’ll never get to the point where there will be enough things starting with CO to push it off the list.

I have many more examples of obsolete entries like this that clutter the lists and can lead to errors, like a list that contains one choice that has a subtle misspelling, potentially propagating the mistake.

It would be nice if I could click a little X or hit delete or something and be rid of the obsolete and erroneous entries from the list.

1 Like

I would love to see this feature. When using autocomplete on Payers, it is a pain when obsolete and mistyped entries fill the block.