Receiving Invoice Payments

i was recently contracted to do some book keeping for a primary school. as u may know, this is a service type of business.
I am having problems receiving invoice payments. eg if i create a non inventory item (tuition), and then invoice that non inventory item to a customer, all is good. But when i record a receipt and try to allocate it to the said invoice, it does record. but i expect receivables to decrease which does not happen
I would also like payments to be allocated to specific invoices…… pleas advise

From the Cash Accounts tab, when you record the receipt, under Account select Accounts Receivable, then a new field will appear named Customer, select the customer and then another new field will appear named Invoice, select the Invoice. However, selecting the invoice is optional - when a customer has more then one unpaid invoice.

0 AR Cash Entry

Alternatively, Click on the Customers tab, click on the Customer’s Accounts Receivable (blue) figure, click “View” for the invoice to be paid and then click Receive Money at the top and the fields will auto fill.

Thanks…

1.if i issue invoice 1 containing TUITION 5000 AND ACCOMMODATION 2000
A customer pays part payment for eg. tuition 3000 only. am i able to allocate the cash received to tuition only?
2. I have 2 companies. one has 12 branches in different locations, the other has 2. i would like to purchase the server edition. i would therefore like to create 14 companies under cloud edition, for each branch would my technicians be able to log into their specific branches and work at the same time?

you can allocate payments to particular invoice. not particular item in an invoice. ofcourse you can add the necessary details in the description field when receiving money.

yes. check the cloud edition features here Cloud Edition - Manager.io

i have resolved to purchase server edition

1. can my several accountants vew and record transactions without internet. is it possible to install the purchased server version and install it on the other pcs. back-up can be done weekly.
  2. i have been trying to purchase the server edition but it loads and does nothing.
    nb i already installed the trial version

if your accountants are working on LAN network then yes you can view and make records without internet.

only one pc acts as the server. the other users can login from a browser. there is no need to install on other pc.

make sure your antivirus or firewall is not preventing Manager from accessing the internet.

You don’t seem to understand how the Server edition works. The Server edition is installed on one computer (a server) and other computers access Manager by using a web browser. There is no need to install on the other computers.

Yes, if the other users are on the same local network and they can access the server. If the other users are not on the same local network then they will access your server over the internet. You may need some knowledge of networking technology and firewalls to allow remote access. The Cloud edition takes care of the technical side for you.

You should do some more testing before you decide which edition best meets your needs.