Receipts & Payments

Further to my previous post on this Subject,under payees choices of Customers,Suppliers & Other… Can you please advise me when the Drop-Down Box for Other will become available. I was told this enhancement was with the Developer already, and this update has been in progress for a little while now.

Many Thanks

Nigel Nevshehir

You were not told this change was “with the developer.” You were told in September there was a bug report about the missing auto-complete function. There will never be a dropdown box, because Other-type payers and payees are not stored as subsidiary ledgers. Schedules for bug fixes are almost never announced.

Manager does now support a drop down box in receipt/ payment for payee/payer. It is a significant enhancement. To access it select customer or supplier as appropriate

Yes, but only for suppliers and customers, not for others, which is what @nigel1971 has asked about in another thread.

The “Other” option support Free Text which by definition is incompatible with a drop down list.
It is there for compatibility with old data. There is now a better way for new data entry.
It can be used for once off entries (if you forgo definitive purchase sale tax code allocation) but again by definition is incompatible with a drop down list as it is “once off”.

It surprised me a new thread was started to discuss the same subject matter.

Yes, and that is what the other person was told.

Me, too. But that is what happened, and I did not immediately have time to move it. I should have closed this topic after my initial answer. I will do so now.