Receipts and Payments auto-fill

Thanks for your development of such a wonderful app.
I wonder if it’s possible to update an auto-fill function in receipts & payments generating.

Just like in the new receipt page, if I choose “accounts receivables” and then choose “customer” and then choose particular invoice, can the invoice description and total amount be auto-filled in the receipt? It’s will be much more efficiency if this can be done. Thank you.

Actually new forms will have description field on line items invisible by default. This is to save on horizontal space so other more important fields can fit it.

As for autofilling non-description column such as amount when selecting invoice, that will be eventually implemented. For the time being you can copy customer statement to new receipt which will do the auto-filling based on outstanding amounts.

The description on a line item of a receipt is meant to be a description of the receipt, not of the invoice. The invoice was already described when it was created.

And a receipt applied against multiple invoices often needs intervention on how the money is to be divided. For many users, autopopulation would not be desirable. Customers often make partial payments against several invoices, so automatically filling the balance due would have to be undone.

As a result, what seems desirable for your typical transactions would be counterproductive for many others.

Thank you. In my idea, an auto-filled description just give the line field a default value, the description is still editable after all, so the operator can edit the description base on the original invoice information, it should be much efficiency than the case starts from zero?

I commented in another post that it seems you want to move towards much more mobile usability which is fine for some basic stuff such as payments and receipts. However, I would strongly appeal that you reconsider making the whole interface such. When doing serious accounting / book-keeping work we use large screens and thus do not want to have things hidden by default that we need to click on to make them visible. I do not know what prompts you to restrict the usability of the interface in favour of mobile ones. Please all was going in the right direction until for whatever reason restrictions and related bugs appear. I sincerely hope you that you will abandon this track and play your strengths that is also your USP. thanks

You can actually see how it’s implemented on journal entries form. There is Line description checkbox which is unchecked by default. This means journal entries do not have line description field by default anymore.

If you want to have line description always visible as you suggest, just go to Form Defaults and make Line description field checked. This way starting new journal entry will always show line descriptions.

Not everyone is using large screens. Someone might be using 13" laptop because it’s easy to carry around or even if they are on desktop, they simply can’t afford new equipment (or employer won’t buy it for them).

we have same issue
can you please sought out this query
auto filled payment …

You selected a 5 year old invoice… Maybe show the edit screen of that Invoice. Also explain if you used view that invoice and then new receipt.

its just for demo not its 5 year old invoice but show same not auto filled amount

Please do the necessary:

1. Provide us with the Manager version and Edition (Desktop or Server) you are using
  2. Tell us the Operating system
  3. Create a Test Business (you can just backup the current one, import it and rename to Test Business)
  4. Create a new invoice and show us the edit screen
  5. Show the view screen
  6. Click on new receipt and show the edit screen

We can then help you further.

@mastertrading, the thread where you chose to post your question was mostly about description fields, not invoice amounts. The important question in your example is how the receipt was created. If you viewed the relevant sales invoice and clicked the New Receipt button while viewing it, the amount should be auto-filled. But if you created the receipt manually, you need to fill in the amount yourself. It does not auto-fill. The developer said that clearly in post #2, saying that would eventually be implemented. It has not yet been implemented. But this is not a bug. The program is working as currently designed, with the possibility that the design could change in the future.

1 Like

ok

we will waiting this update …
i hope so it will soon implemented

awaiting it Auto filled remining payment update