QR Code Generation for Invoice

I have tried with a test business with the SA localisation. The default theme shows the QR Code as expected. I then copied the default theme to a new theme. Without any changes this new theme also shows the QR Code correctly. I then added some Sales Invoice Custom fields and so far also showing QR Code. However, at this stage I did not tamper with the layout and more advanced theme customizations and maybe then the QR Code will disappear.

Interestingly enough the QR Code does not show when an already existing custom theme is applied. So try in a test business some customizations after you applied a localisation that has approved QR code.

@eko I absolutely trust your experience, but I actually tried to do this before and it didnā€™t give us the desired results. Even after reading your post, I thought that maybe the system had been updated and the problem had been resolved, so I did what I did again and didnā€™t get the correct results for the second time.
Do you know dear that the QR code currently works with custom themes? but gives incorrect results (eg the business name is ā€œno nameā€ and the VAT ID is ā€œ000000000000000ā€ and the invoice amount and tax amount are both zero).
Itā€™s really help if an experienced person like you is following up on the topic with us because it has become the biggest concern for us now and it seems that everyone is excited and perhaps we do not have enough experience to ensure the accuracy of the solution or the result, so the presence of people like you with us is more reassuring. This is beside our trust in @Lubos abilities.

1 Like

Sorry @Ehab, I agree that the QR code seems to default to its own information rather than what you expect. In reality, this move to localizations and having more participation (which I think works) is by design of @Lubos. I sincerely hope but also trust that he is doing his very best to get it to work for those that need it almost like now, So some trust in the development will go a long way even though I understand that youā€™re anxious.

Literally, there is no difference between our opinions here. We both agree that the solution provided by the developer is very good, and we also trust the developerā€™s expertise, and we are both waiting to develop the tool and expand its work.

Government requirements need to be automatically fulfilled by country-specific extensions (like QR code) on default theme.

The business should not be required to fiddle around to get that part working.

So, if there is government requirement which is not supported out of the box, then it should be posted under relevant country topic.

True. But I canā€™t understand why legal compliance and specific business needs are mutually exclusive.

The way I see it is that the QR code has absolutely nothing to do with Themes, itā€™s just an extension that injects the QR code after the theme has already been rendered. So I donā€™t get the reason behind forceably linking the two in this self limiting fashion.

Instead, why not:

1. Assign an ID for the container at the end of printable area.

2. Allow users to duplicate this ID anywhere in their theme.

3. The extension will inject the QR inside the first container it sees with that ID and call it a day.

4. Debugging custom themes will remain ā€“ as it is ā€“ the responsibility of the user and when they canā€™t figure it out they still can remove their custom container, or scrap their theme. Everybody must admit that this is fair.

What do you think @lubos? Or am I missing something here ā€“ as I always do?

1 Like

With addition of extensions, I do see themes as soon to be obsolete feature. Thatā€™s because extensions can do everything that themes can do. And with less effort.

One advantage of extensions is that you can have multiple of them applied to document (e.g. invoice) at the same time. This is important attribute when you want to combine government requirements (where extensions will come from localizations) and business requirements (where extensions can be created by you).

1 Like

QR Code Creation
QRCodeCreation.pdf (892.0 KB)
20210528_ZATCA_Electronic_Invoice_XML_Implementation_Standard_vShared.pdf (2.7 MB)
20210528_ZATCA_Electronic_Invoice_Security_Features_Implementation_Standards_vShared.pdf (1.8 MB)

Manger meets government requirements, I agree.
Manager has the ability to cover most of my business requirements, I agree too.
What I need, ask for and was clear about from the beginning, are some of the non-governmental requirements that I see here in the KSA. You will not find any user from Saudi Arabia who objects to their presence, for example, on the sales invoice (isnā€™t that a sufficient reason to convince you that they should be implemented), especially as I know It can be implemented and is already exist in Manager, for example (line tax amount in receipts and payments also the sum of the discount).
Of course, I raised this request many times before, you replied in one of them, and you did not show any agree or refuse to implement it. I was and still think that it is just a time and it will certainly be implemented, not because I ask for it, but because all the solutions that can be used to get these requirements are temporary and leads to many violations that we all do not need.

Despite the many possibilities available for us to get customizations as desired by the user such as custom fields, custom themes, extension and other tools, a large part of these auxiliary solutions remain unworkable by a large number of users like me. Finally, I always have this question in my head, ā€œDid I incur an amount of money to get a technical solution to use as an accountant or as a programmer?!ā€

Dear Mr. @lubos, if we could use extension instead of custom theme could you give us an example of our assistance with the third party whose services we use for a fee and additional costs to obtain special requirements that do not apply to the local market in general?

2 Likes

That coming from you sounded like if Louis Hamilton said flooring a manual Ferrari was a piece of cake. :grin:

I can only speak for myself when I say that I know my limitations and I know I will be going round in circles mostly because of these three problems:

1. No immediate preview of both the HTML markup or the final document.

2. The messy environment of using browser debugging. Way too many tabs, panels, minified code, CSS ā€¦ etc.

3. Concatenating minified HTML and CSS fragments in JS is a nightmare.

I know for a fact that all but the best of the best of developers will agree that itā€™s impossible to work this way, let alone accountants and small business owners ā€“ myself included.

Iā€™ll be OK with Extensions replacing themes if we can:

1. Build and edit the bare HTML skeleton of the document without JS.

2. Be able to immediately see at least the HTML markup render from inside the Extensions edit screen.

3. Be able to press update without leaving edit mode in order to check the effects on the final document without having to jump around too much so not to get distracted.

4. Similar to point 1, separate linked and editable CSS style sheets. I know you guys ā€“ meaning developers :smirk: ā€“ like to separate your files so not to get confused, we want some of that if we are to use JS. This, combined with point 1 will also reduce the need for concatenation, which is a nightmare.

Iā€™m not asking for a full IDE, but some life savers would definitely be nice.

3 Likes

I tried to send the laws issued by the authority and the government as reported by the official media agencies to be implemented by the developers of the manager program, but we are looking at the response. We hope that this solution will be implemented in the near future without delay. We trust the managerā€™s program and developers that they are doing their best to find solid solutions and not Fragile and unstable solutions in terms of compatibility of solutions with different software, and we thank all the developers who found solutions

@alwakeel I can confirm that Manager matches most of government requirements in KSA, even QR is working correctly with me. also all ZATCA developers instructions submitted to Lubos before and no need to send it again.
In fact Iā€™m talking about non- governmental requirements, it is an individual requirements for my business however I know it is generally required by most of users here in KSA. :rose:

3 Likes

would you be interested to guide me through the applicationā€¦
i am also from Jeddah, and in ned to use QR coding

Set Country to Saudi Arabia in your business details and QR Code Apperes on your forms.

2 Likes

problem is with costume themeā€¦
apparently i canā€™t have a proper QR code with a costume theme!! please tell me i am wrongā€¦

secondā€¦ when i create a PDF, its saved without a QR code!!

As discussed earlier in the topic, only the default plain theme supports qr code. Also pdf function is no longer supported.
Please read the the topic completely because all your doubts are probably already answered.

do not use pdf of manager. you just do print then select type of print as PDF, it will give you all what you looking for.

1 Like

dear friends, any one have an idea how to use extension?

Hello @Ibrahim2
You can write extension within the manager.
Go to settings tab- Extensions and wirte the code of extension their ( Use JavaScript to write ).
Currently their is no documentation on extensions.

17 posts were split to a new topic: QR Code Duplicated When Second Language Checked