Production Orders - Enhancements

inventory location can also be considered the location where the inventory is produced. a business can have more than one production units.

i was referring to the total items produced over time and not a single production order. the total shall be based on UOM. this way a user can search for the total of any specific inventory produced.

this was already discussed between us few posts prior. i just mentioned the same again for better visibility.

Manager doesn’t view things this way. Inventory locations are where inventory is counted. You would need a completely separate field. So why not use a custom field if all you are showing is where production occurs? In other words, this feature is already available.

I agree, it can be sorted to show all productions in a particular location (Using Search tool/sorting). Every location can now have a production history.

Quantity produced must be shown, totals wont be necessary. That said, there has to be some reports for Production orders (Production Report) in the report tab. This report should show quantities of items produced and under what location/warehouse. The report must also allow for periodic reporting. E.g. 10 units of product B was produced in November 2017, 4 in Location XYZ and 6 in Location EFG

Capture

1 Like

I like this post very much, i am paid member of manager.io and BOM is required in this software on urgent basis. please guide if there is a plan to do it soon.

Hi @lubos The features brucanna stated are crucial at this point of my business.

I am losing precious time to post almost 600+ production order a month for creating multiple finished material from one single bills of material. If you don’t have any plan to implement these features anytime soon, could you then introduce batch production order facility for the sake of good order and ease? My kind request. Thank you.

1 Like

I add my support for a bill of materials option. We have several products that we manufacture which use a variety of parts with different quantities of each in item we’re building. It’s difficult to make sure I’ve done the correct math on each line to use the parts properly when building quantities. since we build in a ‘just in time’ fashion, I don’t have the luxury of building specific amounts (so I can go back and clone a build). Seems like it wouldn’t be too hard to implement this simple math function.
THANKS!

I am not defending the lack of a bill of materials feature, because I wholeheartedly support the concept. In the meantime, though, one thing that might ease your problem is the ability to perform calculations in fields. See Perform calculations in number fields | Manager. You could clone a single-unit production order, then edit the fields with multipliers (same one in each field). That’s still a long way from what is needed, but at least it eliminates the need to resort to an outside calculator.

Following this approach might just make you mad, though. You will quickly see how small a step it would be to add a production quantity field to a basic bill of materials that would be multiplied by all inputs.

I realized that after doing dome more reading and my IT person also offered to write me a Macro script in AutoIt that would do all the math for me based of the number I items I wanted to produce.
Yes - it is annoying since it should be a simple spreadsheet math issue to fix part of the issue. I suppose it must be much harder to have a production item that is a ‘template’ so I wouldn’t have to go back to a previous build each time I wanted to do a new build.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Backup file problem

I have production orders to fill in. Call it Wingets 1 to 22.
I can have one to many orders daily on all Wingets.
I receive a order for Wingets 9 in total of 3 orders.
I enter Finished item =3. Then all the Bill of materials.
Now I receive a order for Wingets 9 in total of 333 orders.
Now I have to make a complete new production order with theexact same Bill of materials .
This can take time as there can be many orders for the various Wingets 1 to 22. There can be up to 60 orders per day.
Could it be possible to just change the Finished item =3 to say to Finished item = 41 and the amount of the Bill ofmaterialsthen automatically change for 41.

1 Like

That is what this idea is about. See item A in the first post of this topic.

Thanks Tut

What you can do as a workaround is create a series of default production orders and clone them.
So for Winglets 9 you could have production orders for 200, 100, 50, 25, 10, 5 & 1.
Then for your order of 333 you would clone 200, 100, 25, 10 or 5 + 1 x 3.
This way you aren’t having to continually complete new production orders.

Be aware that if you enter the standard quantity production orders mentioned above, they will have financial impact and affect your quantities. So you should not create them just to have them handy. You should create them as you need them, then clone them for future similar needs.

Thanks a lot for the info.It would help some way until Lubos can rectify this.

2 years into the ideas thread, is this idea even being considered anymore ?

Hopefully, but it seems that improving efficiencies for existing processes comes a very distance second to new features, this is not to say that the new features aren’t valid.

batch create production orders did help in fact, and i understand that in general the ones that need production order feature are less that the ones that doesnt even use the feature by a margin but still… 2 years and endless threads of suggestions about this
even with the new vote option this is the most voted one

@lubos can the selection of Inventory location for items individual items in a production order implemented sooner?
something like below example.

the use case is we have different storage areas within the factory and items are received at these storage areas (inventory locations). when we make a production order, at present the selection of Inventory location will designate the same to the finished good alone. since the inventory quantity by location would show incorrect values, we have to make inventory transfers of items included in the BOM. its a tedious task transferring inventory one at a time when there are approx 80 items from 4 different locations just for a single production order.

the above suggested method would eliminate the need to have separate Inventory transfers for items included in Production Orders.

4 Likes

Is manager going to improve production order any time soon.