Problems with Date format in custom fields

Hi,

The date format for custom fields has changed in the last update. Trying to change it back to original in the “settings” section doesn’t work. We use date custom fields to sort orders/invoices in ascending/descending (columns), and with the current format YYYY-MM-DD, the system doesn’t sort them correctly.

Example:
*** 2023-03-17
*** 2023-03-2
*** 2023-03-20

For this format to work/sort correctly, the second entry should be 2023-03-02 (with a 0 in front of the 2 for the day) which cannot be edited.

Can you please revert the date format back to DD.MM.YYYY or allow the format of the custom fields to be changed in the “settings” section. Think you in advance.

your example is a date format YYYY-MM-D
If it was actually in YYYY-MM-DD then a text sort = chrolological sort (which is why I like that particular format).

Not sure which version of Manager you are using but in version 23.3.8.675 the selection of date formats only show real dates examples and no longer YYYY-MM-DD and similar.

Just to clarify, are you using Classic custom fields or the new custom fields?

Hi Lubos,

Classic, because I started the database prior the new custom fields.

@Arthur_Szilagyi, I am wondering why you use custom fields for this. You can sort lists by any parameter by clicking on the appropriate column heading. And you can reverse the sort order by clicking again. Every transaction has a date you can sort by. See https://www.manager.io/guides/16488.

Hi Tut,

In Sales Orders I use a custom field called “follow-up” date, and i do exactly like you said (click the heading) to sort them out. However the system seems to be sorting the list out by numerical volume rather than date. See below:

2023-4-6 and 2023-4-5 should be below 2023-4-19

So, this might be a bug. Please post a screen shot of your Date & Number Format page in Settings. And tell us what actual version you are using. “Last update” is not helpful.

I am not putting this into the bugs category for now, because I don’t know if @lubos will spend time addressing an obsolete feature.

@Tut @lubos

We are having exactly the same issue here using the cloud edition and noticed there was an update last Wednesday or Thursday as all custom field columns were first hidden to default and then the date format we have been using for years 31-DEC-23 is gone. The date format in all custom fields cannot be changed to any format options left in settings and it cannot be sort in chronological order neither ascending or descending.

We tried contacting the support since Friday but it still hasn’t been resolved at all till now. Very frustrating. Please assist we need this for our daily operations

May I ask if anyone is looking into this issue? It’s really frustrating that we cannot change or update the date format in custom field and hence not being able to sort by date of that custom field.

I do not know. I am just forum moderator.

I’m not sure if you could choose a date format for Date Custom Fields in the past. I never really checked. Since you are claiming this is the issue, I will put it into the bugs category to get some extra attention. The topic is similar to this. Custom fields date format not working correctly - Manager Forum

I have also noticed sorting problems somewhere else in the program (Bank and Cash Account) after investigating your issue.

I believe the first columns should be used for sorting in the tabs. Or at least, the user should be able to select the preferred Column for sorting.

The mix-up after pasting from “copy to clipboard” and the sorting issues are likely linked to the Edit column update. It will be checked also. I have also experienced one where a long list of payments had at least two items appearing in the wrong column.

Below is an example of a description text pushing the amount from its cell.

Version: 23.3.12.689

In the latest version (23.10.15) you can now convert Classic Custom Fields to Date Custom Fields.

Go to Settings, then Obsolete Features then Classic Custom Fields.

In bottom-right corner you will see small Upgrade button.

When you click it, you will be taken to the screen where you can select classic custom field and Upgrade it to Date Custom Field. This will do the conversion and will fix presentation and sorting in columns.

2 Likes

@lubos how can i change from Number Custom Fields to Classic Custom Fields, i need it because
Sales Invoice Totals by Custom Field (Report) doesn’t work with any else but Classic Custom Fields.

@MCasper Let’s not go backwards. There is another way to get the same data directly within Sales Invoices tab. You can Edit Columns so your custom field is visible. Then Advanced Search so you only see invoices within specific period.

Now all that we need is Group by function so you can get totals by custom field (or any column really). I will try to add this before end of this week.

2 Likes