Problem with suspense account and fixed assets loss of disposal

Hello i have a problem with the program since the new update (i now have version 21.3.85)

In 2020 i sold something and set it to 0 with the function loss on disposal. in the old version it was correct (hadn’t update for some time so had an old version like 19.x.xx) set to loss on disposal.

When i installed the new version the numbers of this and some other transactions have moved to suspense account. My question is how this is possible?

When i look at my chart of accounts and klik edit at the line fixed assets - loss on disposal , the line under NAME which says fixed assets - loss on disposal gets grey (see pic knipsel 1)

When i click edit by the journal entry i see whats in pic Knipsel 2 where you can see the lines lease and the line fixed assets - loss on disposal. (see pic 2)

When i click on view in the journal entry you see something completely different. as you can see you see the line lease and the line suspense. So why does it says in the journal when i click edit that it is the fixed assets loss on disposal account and when i click view on the same journal entry it says suspense account?? (see pic 2b)

How did i get to the journal? i went to summary, then clicked on the numbers behind suspense account and the i got the view which you can see in pic 2c. There i clicked edit and view and i got the 2 different lines like said above.

Hope someone can help me with this.

Something else i got accros was that suddenly there was a line in the summary saying retained earnings. Which has a big number at it but i can’t remember that this line was there in earlier versions.

I hope you understand the problem and can help me with this one.

Gr.

Lars

What do you mean by “set it to 0 with the function loss on disposal?” There is no function named “loss on disposal.” Please use terminology from the program.

This is possible because there is something missing or incorrect about every transaction in Suspense. See https://www.manager.io/guides/7106 for background.

That is because Fixed assets - loss on disposal is an automatic, default account. If you rename this account to something you prefer, your name will show in black. But the default name will always reappear if you delete your substituted name.

Here is probably where you went wrong. You do not dispose fixed assets with journal entries. You just edit the asset and check a box. See the Guide: https://www.manager.io/guides/9121.

Because you are trying to do something the program cannot do. Follow the Guide instead.

All businesses in Manager automatically have a Retained earnings account. It is an accounting necessity and has always been there. It is possible that that you previously had no retained earnings when you happened to look and also were excluding zero balances from your display. But your books will not balance without this account.

Hello Tut. thnx for the quick answer. Still the question i have is why is amount of money suddenly put on suspence because in the earlier version it was on the Loss on disposal account. and there was no problem at all. so that’s what i think is strange.

Because as far as i know i never made that journal entry and that was made by the program as we did the disposal according to the guide.

Second, we did do it according to the guide. (see knipsel 3)
or are we doing something wrong?

You should show some images of the transactions affecting the fixed asset - drill down from the fixed asset

@remyvandemortel, you did not answer my first question, which was important to understanding what is happening. Please describe what you meant by “set it to 0 with the function loss on disposal.” Were you referring to checking the box, Disposed fixed asset?

Your earlier version was quite literally thousands of versions ago. Many things have changed, so without more information, it is impossible to help.

Disposing an asset has never caused Manager to produce a journal entry. Somehow, at some time, someone made this journal entry. After making a backup of your business, try deleting this journal entry for 15-6-2020. See if that does not eliminate at least some transactions in your Suspense account. Is there anything else in Suspense? If so, show Edit screens of at least some of those transactions.

Your fixed asset Edit screen looks proper. The problem lies elsewhere.