Printing Details - Paid from

Dear Friends,

I need to print “Paid From” (cashbook / Bank Account) on print out of Payment
Do you know a method to do so ?

Thanks in advance.

You will need to use a custom field or put the information into the transaction Description field.

requirement is on “description in line item”
because one purchase invoice might contain several line items.

That is unrelated to payments. You asked about showing the cash or bank account for a payment. You cannot show a bank or cash account for a purchase invoice because there is none. A purchase invoice does not involve the movement of money, only the creation of an obligation to pay a supplier later.

When it comes time to pay the purchase invoice, no matter how many line items it had, there is only one payment for it, from one cash or bank account.

1 Like

Really sorry. i had another problem and i wrote about it here.
Sorry for mistake again.

we are making cash payments and cheque payments. in the voucher print out we need to separate it.
thats why asked how to print payment account.

What do you mean by we need to separate it?

Do you mean you need to distinguish between a cash payment and a cheque payment?

Try to add a custom field to the bank account and write bank account number and select to show custom field on printing. That is supposed to be at the bottom of each transaction - payment or receipt - from the current bank account, also you can add a custom field to the cash account.
I hope that would help you.

1 Like

@Ehab, that is a good explanation of how you can avoid having to fill in the custom field each time you make a payment.

Yes, you are right as you mentioned before, the solution is in a custom field. I am using it for the same purpose.

Cash payments and cheque payments need to easily identify separately by looking at print out.
since already there is a field used in data entry, i thought it can print.

solution works, but it will duplicate cash book selection on data entering.
also it could be human data entering mistakes such like selecting cash account on top and under custom field will select bank account.

I prefer not to creat custom field in each transaction form. I would prefer putting the custom field in the bank account details, it will be one time gives you what you want if I understand what you need correctly

@tut, is there a way to get the " Paid from " selected " Account " printed on a custom theme using the according variable ?

1 Like

If you created the custom fields for Bank and Cash as @Ehab advised then there is no reason why they would not print on a custom theme as long as the relevant code is included in the custom theme, ie:

{% for field in custom_fields %}
        <tr>
            <td colspan="99">
                <div style="font-weight: bold; padding-top: 20px">{{ field.label }}</div>
                <div>{{ field.text | newline_to_br }}</div>
            </td>
        </tr>
        {% endfor %}

I understand that it will work with a custom field.
my question was, why not use the information of " Paid from "
that is already offered in the payment form ?
another option would be, if a custom field could be assigned
to every bank account used for payments or receipts.

1 Like

The rationale against this is why does the customer/payer need to know what bank or cash account their money was paid into?

Surely this is private information of the business and of no concern to the customer?

I am assuming the the printed receipt is given to the customer as there is not much reason for the business to print out and store the receipts. They are always available in the accounting database.

For bank account they would know when looking at their bank statement. Most bank statements are a poor reflection of what the customer bought so this will just help them to review better. As for cash when a customer is buying things in cash and somewhere else by bank then they would stack the receipts they got but could sort them into two different boxes, one banl receipts one cash receipts.

Yes, but you do not need a custom theme. You just need to follow the instructions provided by @Ehab.

Because the program does not need it. By default, only essential information is passed to themes. So if you want it, you must add a custom field.

That is exactly what @Ehab suggested. Obviously, you have not tried it.

@tut, got it. works as described. thanks
I did not understand when reading for the first time, because I
have been on the wrong track when following @premathilake s
objections in post #10, using a custom field for payment.

We are discussing payments not Receipts.
Its a internal document and not issued to customers.