Printing bug affecting themes with footers

When a document in a theme with the footer at the bottom of the page is printed using the Print button, the short, on-screen view is printed. This results in the footer being displayed in the middle of a standard page:

40 AM instead of 13 AM

Evidently, the internal PDF generator has the ability to pick up the paper size set under Email Settings and adjust the printed document accordingly.

This problem seems to affect all themes with footers on the bottom.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Trouble with theme rendering

I don’t consider this to be a bug in Manager. When you press Print button, it’s up to a web-browser to interpret HTML and how to convert it into paper media.

This is one of the reasons why internal PDF generator has been implemented. To have more control over how PDF is generated. That’s why internal PDF generator which was specifically built to tackle this issue is doing better job than general-purpose web-browser.

At some point, I’d like to remove Print button altogether but it seems like some users really like it even if it gives inconsistent results.

Hello @lubos & @Tut Kindly note that this bug has resurfaced again.
Thank you.

If you read the thread, you will see that it was not considered a bug in 2017 and it is not a bug now. Furthermore, you are responding to a 4-year old obsolete topic. Since then, almost everything about PDF generation and printing has been changed in the program. If you have a specific complaint, please illustrate it in a new topic with screen shots. I am closing this topic.