Footer in the wrong place

Hi @lubos , when i print an invoice the footer appears in the middle of the invoice (under the total amount). This does not happen when i create a pdf from the invoice. Small bug??

what edition?
what version?
are you using a custom theme or the plain theme?

Windows
Manager 17.10.61
Theme #244387158 (no modifications)

there has been some problems related to using the Print button.
but using the same theme i did not find any problem as you have mentioned (footer appearing in the middle of invoice).
i am using 17.10.73
try creating a new theme by copying the theme again from the website.
also, make sure you have not inserted any html code in any of the fields like your business address under Settings.

@sharpdrivetek it is still on the wrong place.

@Frankie, can you post the input screen for a sales invoice that has this problem? Then post a screen shot of the result you say is not correct. (You might need to scan a printed invoice or capture a preview from your printing software.

Also, how are you printing? Are you generating a PDF and printing the PDF, or are you using the Print button and printing directly through the Windows print dialog?

Hi @tut, i use the print button in manager. When i create a pdf and print it than the footer is on the right place.

To begin with, you are not using theme #244387158, as you said you were. That theme looks like this:

41 AM

Compared to the one you are using, #244387158 has background shading and highlights the Totaal field.

Regardless of which theme you are using, however, you need to post a screen shot of the edit screen. I am looking for characters that may have interfered with correct printing. I suspect that the issue is with your printer driver or operating system, though, because the PDF button works correctly. Usually when people have problems, it is the other way around.

Also, please confirm you are using Dutch language.

Hi Tut,

This is theme #244387158 (without any editing) i just printed it in draft quality.

Do you mean the theme editing screen? I copied and pasted the original theme from the website without any adjustments.

The workaround works fine for me. I just mentioned it assuming that @lubos wants the program to be as great as possible.

And yes i’m using the Dutch language.

Does the problem persist when printing standard quality? Draft or fast print necessarily modifies the output of the program.

No. I mean the Edit screen for the sales invoice that is giving you trouble. I am interested in what kind of characters are there.

I just experimented with that theme some more. I’ve discovered your problem. You will notice when viewing on screen, the aspect ratio of the invoice is not the same as standard paper. (Manager picks up your paper size from email settings, of all places.) I assume you would use A4, somewhat tall and narrow. On screen, this theme displays as a shorter, wider format. In fact, as you vary the window width, the aspect ratio varies up to a point.

When you print through the operating system, you are really printing a web page. (That’s how Manager works.) So it prints the shorter version shown on screen, with the result that your footer ends up in the middle of an A4 page. Apparently, the internal PDF generator has the ability to work around this problem.

I’m going to create a new bug report on this. The same thing happens to other themes that have footers at the bottom of the page.

Great that you could reproduce the (small) bug. Thanks for investing your time to pinpoint the problem.

I might be able to help, if it’s an issue with the custom theme HTML. Will have a look when I’m no longer on my phone.

Good Morning Tut
I have been having the same issue where the footer is not printed correctly.
I have set all email settings to A4 and all printer settings to A4 and still have the same problem where the footer hangs on the left of the pageI have added some page numbering to the right of the page which is pushed to the next line down on the right side of the page
Please could you let us know when the bug has been repaired.
Thanks for your input on this.
Stuart

are you using a custom theme?

are you using the Print button or PDF button to print the documents?

do you have issues when using the plain theme? if no, you would have to check for coding errors in your custom theme.

Hi Sharpdrivetek.
Thanks for the questions. and super fast reply.
I am using a custom theme.
I am displaying the document in a .pdf.
I am assuming it is a coding error as I am absolutely useless at coding. I would send you a .txt file of the code I am using but the system does not allow it.
It is a standard theme with the following code at the bottom. Thanks for your help on this…
Stuart

Processador por Computador

Pagina 1 de 1

</div>
		    </td>
	    </tr>
    </tfoot>

i am only a fellow user.
unfortunately this is not a coding forum so you will have to figure it out yourself. or you can hire a local programmer to do it for you.

Awesome stuff. will look into it. I can live with it for now but thanks for the responses anyway…

there are already default themes with footer which you can enable under settings. use them as a reference and replace the text which you want on the footer. that would be easier.

OK Great. Will look into this ASAP.
Will let you know how it goes…
Thanks for your time and effort.
Regards
Stuart