Populate cleared date automatically when importing bank statements?

Can you implement a way to fill in the cleared date as well as the date for transactions that were added by importing bank statements?

We scan receipts and name them like this:
Receipt_Vendor_Date_Total.jpg

We set the cleared date to the date that was imported with the bank statement, then change the date to the transaction date so it matches our receipts.

I follow this pattern now:

Click on the date field.
Control-C.
Click on the cleared date field.
Control-V.
Click back on the date field and change it to match the receipt date.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks!

The transaction date is the date that the sale took place.

The cleared date is the date the money was received in your bank account.

Even for “cash” sales, these can be different

Apparently you missed what i was trying to say.

when I import a bank statement, the transaction date gets set to the date the bank cleared it…

All I’m suggesting is to make an option to set the cleared date equal to the transaction date when importing bank statements…(Bank Statements!) that way I only have to change the transaction date to have it match my paper receipts, and the cleared date will still match the bank.

That is because the clearance date is the only date the bank knows. And all transactions in Manager absolutely require a transaction date. If you or the bank import process did not provide one, the program would automatically fill in today’s date. Isn’t it better to have the clearance date than some date weeks after the transaction when you get around to importing the statement? Late entries can cause all sorts of havoc with automatic posting to invoices, insufficient quantities in production orders, etc. While the clearance date may lag the actual transaction date by a few days, it is more likely to be closer—or even correct in some cases—than the date you get around to importing the statement.

As for automatically populating clearance dates, some users choose not to enter them at all, preferring to have only the clearance date entered as the transaction date. The program will not impose a different choice upon them.