PDF module crash with unicode character in Quote

I am an user from Server Edition, if I type “≈” in the quote item, and generate PDF, all characters in the PDF garbled.
After that, all PDF generation will garbled unless I restart the machine.
It only happen in Server Edition, not happen in Cloud Edition.
How can I submit this bug?

The approximation symbol, or double tilde (≈) is not supported in all versions of HTML. Different browsers and operating systems react differently to it. You are better off not using unusual characters like that.

@Tut
I found that the PDF module crash again with normal characters.
It is annoying we have to try and error for each of unknow characters, is it possible to have a fix? or prevent end user input by popup box?

Here is another example.
When I input below text to the item desc., the PDF will crash.
XXX IP-CAM

• Up to 2 megapixel (1920 × 1080) resolution
  • Standard video compression with high compression ratio, ROI (region of interest) encoding
  • Progressive scan CMOS, capture motion video without incised margin
  • Support dual stream, and the sub-stream for mobile surveillance
  • High-performance and long service life Infrared LED, Approx. 10 to 30 meters IR range
  • Two-way audio
  • Audio I/O
  • IR cut filter with auto switch
  • PoE (Power over Ethernet)
  • Built-in Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC card slot, up to 64 GB
  • Ingress Protection level: IP66
  • Impact Protection: IEC60068-2-75 test, Eh, 20J; EN50102, up to IK10
  • Other functions: rotate mode, alarm, mirror, reset button, etc
  • Support smart function: Intrusion detection and line crossing detection
  • Support VCA, which is compatible with NVR for the second time of video searching and analysing

Your text looks to have been entered as Markdown rather than HTML. Fields in Manager accept HTML. See Use HTML code in fields | Manager. Have you tried using <li></li> tags instead of hyphens?

This is probably caused by your operating system or browser’s rendering of what Manager expects to be HTML. I cannot reproduce this.

I think this is a bug in PDF library.

@vng, can you clarify - the program doesn’t crash - it’s just the text in PDF being garbled. Correct?

@lubos Yes, the program doesn’t crash, just PDF being garbled.

Is is possible to support unicode for PDF?
As in the cloud version, we can select Chinese for the whole system. All column header/items in Quote/Invoice changed to Chinese, however, same issue, PDF being garbled.