Payslip year to date

Previous post in 2014 says it isn’t possible to show year to date on a payslip which looks like still the case. An employee said the bank has asked for a year to date figure on his payslip. I thought I may have been able to do a payroll summary report but this shows all employees. Is it possible to enable a payroll summary report selecting one employee only? (although this might not be what the bank wants) Or is my only option to use the notes section of the payslip and manually enter the figures from the payroll summary report? (edit the notes section of the latest payslip solely for the purpose of giving to the bank, I wouldn’t bother with manually entering figures each week). Let me know what you see as best solution.

type in the employee name in your payslip search field and export the list selecting only the date range required.

I ended up using the notes section of the last payslip to type the required year to date figures from the payroll summary and that looked fairly professional.

I did fiddle now with doing as you suggested but the list generated doesn’t include a total figure. On exporting to Excel I could easily add a formula to add the columns but the amounts all have “A$” in front of them which Excel didn’t recognise as a number to add up. And I tried changing the number format and it didn’t seem to change it (as not recognised as a number I guess)

Thanks anyway, I know how to export things now which I hadn’t tried before and if I really needed that list I could edit each number separately I guess.

in excel you can find and replace text.

then you can easily set it as a number and make a total of the column.