Payment/Receipt Transactions not showing on account ledgers

When using the payment/receipt tab and you select a payer or payee account. the transaction does not appear on the account ledger. It only seems to be recorded if you enter a sales or purchase transaction first and then processing the payment or receipt. It would be great if this could happen automatically like in some other systems.
Having recently changed from Rakon Accounts I am find your system to be very good. This suggestion would make it even better.

Your post is not clear. Please use terminology from the program. Payers and payees do not have accounts. There is no payment/receipt tab. (If you have an obsolete version, you have a combined Receipts & Payments tab. If you are up to date, you have separate Receipts and Payments tabs.) What do you mean by “sales or purchase transaction?” Are you referring to sales invoices and purchase invoices? If so, say so. If not, tell us what you are referring to.

You say “the transaction” does not appear “on the account ledger.” Does not appear where in the program? Exactly what transaction? It is best if you post screen shots of Edit screens for a transaction you think is not treated correctly, along with screen shots of wherever it is you think it should show up.

Hi Tut
Thanks for getting back to me. I will do my best to clarify what I mean
step one Enter a new Payment

Step 2
Select Suppliers from the left hand options bar and select the supplier that you entered in the new payment you created

Step 3
Click on the accounts payable amount box for the selected supplier.
Only transactions entered by way of purchase invoices with associateded payments show…
I think this sceen should show all transactionsw relating to the selected supplier. Both invoiced and cash purchases entered directly by way of the payments tab
This would facilitate easy tracking of total spend with a supplier, both invoiced and cash transactions. could also allow quick access to drill down to any particular transaction.
Maybe add another columb to the report “Total Purchases”

I have been able to create a custom report thats shows this information for all customers but it is a very clunky way of achiving it.

Hope this clarifies my post.

Kind regards
Ellis McGregor

I think if you look on the Summary page, you are going to find at least this payment, if not more transactions, in the Suspense account, because you have not designated a bank or cash account in the Paid from field. See this Guide: Clear transactions in Suspense account | Manager.

Also, a payment like you entered represents a cash transaction, that is, a non-credit purchase (regardless of whether paid from a bank or cash account). As such, it does not pass through Accounts payable. Therefore, it does not show when drilling down on the Accounts payable figure in the Suppliers tab. The selection of Automobile Association AA, in this case, was just a method for standardizing the entry and populating the finished form with the supplier’s address. See this Guide: Make cash purchases (purchase without purchase invoices) | Manager.

Hi Tut
Thanks for that but I think you are missing my point
What I am looking for is access to a report that provides me with the total spend combining all cash and invoiced purchases froma nominated supplier.
Many thanks
Ellis McGregor

Manager does not currently have such a report.

It would be very helpful if it did.[quote=“ellisandjoy, post:1, topic:34924, full:true”]
When using the payment/receipt tab and you select a payer or payee account. the transaction does not appear on the account ledger. It only seems to be recorded if you enter a sales or purchase transaction first and then processing the payment or receipt. It would be great if this could happen automatically like in some other systems.
Having recently changed from Rakon Accounts I am find your system to be very good. This suggestion would make it even better.
[/quote]

It would be helpful if it did.