New implementation of custom reports available

There is no way to associate a purchase and a sell invoice if they are not linked to an item. If you don’t use inventory maybe you can try Non-inventory Items (don’t know if it effectivelly works but it should).

yes I am using non-inventory item codes. if I select sales invoice then in neither of the next 2 drop down lists is there an option for that code or any fields on the item line

You need to select Non-inventory item:Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 9.42.22 AM

Can i generate stock summary report by sales person or custom field.?

Define exactly what is a stock summary for you

I have 3 salesperson who go market i generate invoices of each person one by one i want to create stock report of each sales person seperate

Suppose 1st person have 10 invoices 2nd have 17 invoices and 3rd one have 7 invoices i want to creat accumolate report of 10 invoices stock and 2nd one 17 invoices stock in report for stock out to inventory location

Add a custom field to sales invoices for the salesman’s name. Generate a Sales Invoice Totals by Custom Field report.

@Tut

I want total stock of selected custom field not total amount sir

Dear @lubos

I create a report of inventory writeoff everything is ok but some data show thats not understand and its not related please see below pics

To understand data I suggest you to uncheck GROUPS TO COLLAPE and to select also ACCOUNTS; than to look at the details of the lines.

Never collapse a report before you have looked into details.

@meesam if you want just general ledger transactions produced from inventory write-offs, then you need to use Where... - Inventory Write-off - Is Not Empty. You are missing the Is not empty part.

Also, AutomaticReference won’t do anything for you. Just group by Inventory Write-off without selecting any attribute if you want to group by inventory write-offs.

1 Like

Hi @lubos I use the custom form to track the costs of a project and this works great. I filter these purchases by placing a project code in the description field. But if I make a typo in this, these purchases are not added up of course. To avoid typo’s it would be useful to have a custom dropdown field. Or can this be done in another way.

Have you considered using tracking codes to track project cost?
Read this guide Use divisions for the Profit and Loss Statement | Manager

If you still want to use Custom Fields, consider changing the type of your Custom field.
https://www.manager.io/guides/8941
Type lets you choose Single-line text , Paragraph text , Dropdown list , Image , Date , or Number as the nature of the field. Dropdown list in the Type field brings up a new window, Options for drop-down list , where you can enter fixed choices for the list:

You cannot at line level.

1 Like

You can’t remove tracking codes unless you first remove it mannualy from every line where you have used it. So your dropdow list of tracking codes can get very long in a short time.

I hope this functionality to be implemented soon, it will help a lot in tracking cleared & pending cheques.

Looking at Managers reporting capabilities, it now has four separate types of reports

1. Built in reports

• I assume these are aimed at reporting requirements common to all businesses in all jurisdictions. So expected to be very generic, not targeting individual jurisdiction or businesses requirements.

• In contrast they are also also the easiest for a user to access. The only customization is to choose which report, it’s reporting period and accounting method.

2. Custom reports

• Enable users to generate business specific reports centered around transactions. The reporting capabilities are much more flexible than built in reports, so can address many businesses specific reporting requirements.

• Because of their ability to be customized they are also more difficult to use. Often taking some trial and error to produce the desired report.

3. Report transformations

• Enable users to generate reports on almost any data stored in the manager business. The reporting capabilities are very flexible and can be highly customized to specific jurisdiction or individual business requirements.

• This flexibility comes with potential complexity when write the report. Generating customized tax summary type reports is actually very easy however arbitrarily complex reports can also be generated but doing so is proportionally harder.

4. External reporting

• “Copy to clip board” then paste into an external spread sheet or database program is optimal for custom one off reports, or with external programming for regular reports.

• Managers “API” can be used to automate any external reporting required, useful for individual businesses but not as readily utilized by other Manager users and businesses.

Specific examples of reports

You use inventory items in a rather inventive manner, which I think is a credit to you. Looking at the above reporting options and their target market.

• You are far too inventive for option 1.

• Option 3. has the flexibility to generate this and all similar reports from other users. I agree the report transformation engine still requires more work to simplify it’s use for less standard reports.

• I’m not convinced adding this capability to option 2 would be an nett positive for Manager (despite it being there when option 3 didn’t exist). The issue is graduated reporting capability / flexibility. Imo it is desirable for there to be a small incremental progression from option 1 to 3. User not being drowned when they move up the levels but rather they are encouraged to re-use and develop their capabilities.

However the above is just my opinion. There are many other ways an accounting program could evolve.

Apart my “inventive” use of inventory kits, the possibility to query unused elements (not in transaction) was there before the update of custom reports and should be there.

I don’t think that someone that wants to make a simple custom list should use “option 3”.

1 Like