New custom fields(except classic) not accessible from custom theme

I just noticed that new custom fields defined in customer/supplier/inventory items etc cannot be used or manipulated via custom theme. My concern is that, I have been using & still using custom field(classic) defined in customer/supplier/inventory item in manipulating layout of my sales order, invoices etc.
@lubos So what will happen at the time when all the classic custom field will be automatically converted to new custom fields, & old custom fields removed along with custom theme. Will the old documents be affected & will those classic custom fields used in those docs will be missing when viewed after removal of custom themes & classic custom fields?

Can you send some screenshots of the issue in order to make it more clear?

No one can say anything about this issue - all we have been told is that custom themes will be replaced by something but that is all we know at this time.

Same issue here. I can’t use “New custom fields” exactly for this reason.

I have noticed the same. I have upgraded my classic custom fields and now it does not work in my custom themes which were working fine previously. @lubos if you can comment on this please.

A lot of new developments such as the new customs fields and also footer, etc. do not work with the now long obsolete Custom themes and has been well discussed. If you want to ensure that new features work then you need to stop using Custom themes.

Understood, but this would mean that i am stuck to what is standard and be able to show other important items asper my requirement.

I am posting this here hoping someone could help. This was perfectly working before but not now. I need the company name mentioned on the invoice.

If it works well, with the previous version, we should stay on that version.

The cloud version seems to be automatically updated, we need to ask @lubos how to go back to the previous version, so that the new version can be implemented in our business

You cannot revert to old versions while using the cloud edition.

Let’s just mark this as a bug. Even though both custom themes and classic custom fields are obsolete. I do not have a replacement functionality to offer. So I will need to fix the obsolete functionality.

5 Likes

Fixed in the latest version (23.11.9). Hopefully this will make it easier to transition away from classic custom fields.

4 Likes

Hi @lubos THank you.