Multi Storage And Multi Partner level

I Have a Computer shop fully owned to me and there is one partner wants to partnership in a part of my shop like website but in same time we will sale these items in my shop, so it will mix my items with website items and will make sales in same invoice.
In this situation how i can make sales and get report how much we make sales from website inventory and my shop inventory, I want to give him an access to his sales and his inventory only.
I have Cloud Edition.

I would start a new manager business to describe your partnership and its relationships to costs, profit and ownership

1 Like

I agree with Patch - it would be much simpler and sounder to set his business as a separate business.

What do you mean by “will make sales in same invoice”

I have same idea, but it will not be practical so I have these items in same place with my own item.
I have to make sales from my inventory and partnership inventory in same time

@Mark_Zone, you cannot sell inventory owned by someone else. But you can act as an agent for the other person and market his merchandise on consignment. Or you can enter an arrangement under which he becomes your supplier and items bought by your customers are immediately purchased from him just prior to delivery to your customers. Both involve additional transactions beyond a standard sales invoice or receipt. Both also have tax implications.

You should consult with a qualified local accountant to establish a well-defined business arrangement and supporting processes. Only then will you be able to determine an appropriate workflow in Manager.

In addition to comments by others it would also help to better explain the nature of this partnership. It looks more like an informal arrangement where you seem to want to collaborate rather than work as a partnership registered by the authorities. I kind of assume this because you do not really want to fully disclose all financial dealings but restrict it to some information on inventory and sales. You also state you want to sell a mix of your and the collaborator’s items together on one invoice, so should we assume that you use a single bank account? It looks more like a case where your “partner” is more of a supplier that provides you with website inventory on credit until sold. Once sold this “partner” gets paid. Version 21.6.0 Customer portal introduced the first peak of a concept by @Lubos where customers can view (not initiate or edit) their invoices, orders, quotes, credit notes, and delivery notes. Once this concept is further developed it would be useful for cases such as yours that also could be made for Suppliers so your “partner” can see what is going on. I do not think that user restriction settings can be set for specific items and invoices. So the best is to send the “partner” regular reports with the information required.

Agree that is the core issue here.
A software product can not correct for lack of a clear definition of what exactly is the business arrangement. Failing to define this during the honeymoon period will result in real problems during the divorce.

1 Like