Merging two different accounts

Please is there anyway manager can merge two different accounts under the chart of accounts tab in the settings?

What do you mean by “merge two different accounts” ?

Ditto Joe91’s question, but I’ll tackle one possibility. Let’s suppose you have two or more credit card accounts but you’d like them to appear under one item on the balance sheet. You can create a control account called “Credit Cards” and assign it to the group “Current Liabilities”. Then under Bank and Cash Accounts, create your two credit card accounts and specify the “Credit Cards” control account.

As a result, your balance sheet will look like this:

And if you click on the credit cards total, you’ll see this:

so what I was looking at was Being able to put accounts together as one and not separate.
example;
if I have two accounts under the PL chart of accounts with the names

• Motor vehicle expense
  • Motor vehicle running expenses
    these accounts have been operated separately for a while but now realizing that these accounts have same functionality, is there any way I can put them under one heading like “motor vehicle running expenses”

You cannot merge accounts. All transactions in the one you no longer want to use must be edited to the one you want. Batch Update and Find & Recode are options. There are Guides on both.

1 Like

Or you could create a New Group in your chart of account called Motor Expenses and include your two accounts in it

Although, I think that Tut’s suggestion that you recode your transactions so that “Motor vehicle running expenses” is changed to “Motor vehicle expenses” is probably the cleanest solution

2 Likes

Okay, this works. Thank you guys for helping. :pray: