Manufacturing of perfumes and fragrance

Dear sir ,

I’d be grateful if you could inform me about if the Manager software will assist our finance department in manufacturing field as follows:

• Issue Material per gram such as 10gm from the bottle and 20gm from that bottle so on .
  • we can accurately generate reports for our liquid inventory which the measurement will be by grams and kilos.

Best Regards

Create a test business in Manager and experiment with a variety of approaches.

In the guides read about Guides | Manager

• inventory items
  • production orders

Inventory

Inventory includes tangible goods held for sale or production. Inventory management can be complex, and Manager’s behavior changes, depending on which functional tabs are enabled. Read Guides in the Overview section first to see which capabilities you want to use.

we have already been looking for the option that help us to create test business but meanwhile we installing the inventory we fount that there is no place for grams and related option that is why i am making inquiry about it

Well, there is:

And it’s also indicated in the example in the first part of the guides that @Patch has indicated:

You should really create a test business and enter the data of the examples.

It has a module called production module.
It can assist you in your work.
But for the unit of measurement, you will have to choose the lesser unit.
For example, you have a bottle with liter or Ml.
You can simply use Ml for all the units and issue using Ml.
Same for the KG and GM.
You would set the Unit of Measurement as GM. And do the same.

It has only one unit of measurement option.
You cannot have the both units for the same inventory item.

Unit of measure options

• choose one
  • use production orders to convert items in one unit of measure to another

But this really comes down to trying a solution and seeing how it works for you including

• data entry
  • report generated

thanks for reply , But if i want to record inventory for items A B & C As Follows :

A QTY 5000 gram B QTY 4000 gram C QTY 1000 gram so the total 10000 grams which equal 10 KG As total , when i want to issue the request material from A 100 gram and 500 ML

and B 600 ML and C 200 Gram and 400 ML is there options for gram and ML

[quote=“Elmansi, post:8, topic:50119, full:true”]
thanks for reply , But if i want to record inventory for items A B & C As Follows :

A QTY 5000 gram B QTY 4000 gram C QTY 1000 gram so the total 10000 grams which equal 10 KG As total , when i want to issue the request material from A 100 gram and 500 ML

and B 600 ML and C 200 Gram and 400 ML is there options for gram and ML

I repeat
Create a test business and try it.
You will learn very little by just talking about it.

By the way
The best way to test / learn about a program is to test a small part at a time.
In Manager you can have as many test business as you want.
So in each test business just enter one or two transactions with simple round numbers. Doing so will make it very easy to see what Manager is doing.
Then repeat this process for each feature you want to learn about.

2 Likes

You can only issue the Unit of measurement of the inventory item itself.
For example, you want to issue 1 LTR from an item with unit of measurement as ML.
Then you can issue 1000 ML.
You don’t have a main unit of measurement and a sub unit of measurement.
You have only one unit of measurement.

1 Like