I’m considering building an unofficial collection of tools that will expand Manager’s feature set. If that sounds interesting to you, join the waiting list: https://mtools.io/
I’ve been thinking for the past several months that many of the feature requests I see could easily be handled over the API. I could build a nice interface around it and wrap up the API so anyone could use it.
Things that would be possible to do (for example):
- Download a ZIP archive containing a PDF for every invoice ever sent to Customer A
- Generate reminder emails (or an SMS) for all customers with an overdue invoice
- Accept payments by credit card / PayPal / etc and sync that transaction to Manager
- This would only be compatible with online versions of Manager - i.e. Cloud / Server - visible from a web URL. Desktop edition cannot be supported at the current time.
- For security reasons, you’ll need to re-enter your password every time you use one of the tools (we won’t store it on the server). When changes come to API authentication in a future Manager update so that access is more restricted, this might improve.
- At the moment I’m looking for an expression of interest. If there is enough interest, I’ll build a prototype for people to play around with and test.
- Not all feature requests fit this model. Some things just have to be directly in Manager itself to work properly.