Manager Server User Password Issue

I cannot log into my manager server administrator or user accounts. I am very sure I am typing the correct password for both accounts, keep throwing username or password wrong message. I know there is a password file that I am supposed to locate in the installation folder and delete to reset the password. I have been looking everywhere for this file, I cannot find it. @lubos kindly assist me with this one. I do not want to copy all the user and installation files elsewhere and do a clean reinstallation of the server edition.

Check input method (US keyboard layout or Other) it gets me sometimes.

Thanks for the help attempt, but my keyboard layout is US keyboard as it has always been. I have moved to another client pc to logon there too, problem persists.

@Daniel_Arthur you need to delete password file from your application data folder. If you don’t specify application data folder using -path argument, then default folder will be used.

Default folder path is shown when starting server edition in console window.

Seen the path

Still not seeing the password file when I follow the path to the directory

Then your administrator password is empty so don’t enter any password.

Yes, it worked with NO PASSWORD, I can now access the admin account. BUT all my businesses and user accounts are missing. I CREATED user accounts for HR and ACCOUNTANT and SET a PASSWORD for ADMINISTRATOR, now they are gone and I CANNOT SEE the business file too, EVERYTHING IS EMPTY.

Please @lubos can this be explained? Can clearing browser history and data cause this?

Perhaps you’ve been using different application data folder? The one that you have posted screenshot of has 1 business only.

Is that possible, when I have only one instance running? How can I know when there’s installation folder? Thanks @lubos

or perhaps it was a different user (or administrator) that ran the initial instance?

The fact you had a password issue means that you changed something, you’ve gone from desktop to server or changed computers or users or something. What did you miss? or what have you changed?

The only thing I did was to clear history and browser data on Saturday. I did not change PCs or editions.

Well that will clear the cache of your password, but it won’t delete your databases (unless you explicitly told it to, but I don’t even think that’s possible from the browser—I could be wrong).

Have you searched your hard drive for .manager files?

Yes, not seeing any .manager file when I search the entire PC. I don’t really know what’s happening.

@Daniel_Arthur first of all, your current path indicates you are launching ManagerServer.exe on account logged in as HR.

Perhaps before you were launching it under administrator account? Have a look under:

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Manager

Also, when searching for .manager files, make sure the search is across all folders (including hidden ones).