Manager not opening in Linux since latest update

Is anyone else having issues opening Manager (Desktop) since installing the last update 16.10.70 in Linux?

I am using Linux Lite (based on 14.04 Ubuntu LTS) I click on the icon and nothing seems to occur - I have restarted my system several times to ensure no lingering issues from the install - but no change.

I will go and look for an older version and see if that works

if it makes a difference I had not updated for several months (6 Months) just in case something broke in my system but was excited to try the new “attachment” feature.

Cheers
Peter

Solution seems to be here.

Thank you Lubos,

Especially for the lightning fast response - truly awesome :slight_smile:

I tried that process and it seemed to do a lot of downloading and files being replaced however there were some files that could not be downloaded and were ignored or as the messages said, old files were used instead. I tried opening Manager again but same result, so I rebooted in case new files needed to be loaded at boot up. Again same result.

I suspect that Something is preventing a full upgrade of my Linux Lite 2.0 OS and I will attempt to solve this some way.
In the short term - is there a repo of previous Manager versions that I could download, to get to a point before this current incompatibility is no longer an issue?

Cheers

Peter

Can you install Virtual Box and try another distro to get you going in the short term?

Thant is a great Idea - I am already running Linux in a virtual machine - so good Idea - I can try Linux Lite 3 - but would ideally love to use Q4OS as my new Linux Distro, but I can’t understand how to install Manager on it - lots to learn about all the various Distros and their quirks.

Cheers

Peter

I have installed the latest version of Linux Lite (3.0) and was able to install the latest Manager - that part is working fine.

Now, how could I transfer the latest working data files to the new Manager/Linux install?

I remember reading in previous Forum Posts that the best way is to back up the data for each company/entity and import that into the new install. I believe I have some back ups but not the most recent, and was hoping I could somehow copy the data files as they exist in the original installation and copy these over to the new Install - is there a way to do this?

As I can’t open Manager in the OLD Linux install I can’t back that up again to get the latest files. I still hope that if the backup process is best and only safe way - I should reinstall an older Manager program to do the exporting before I decommission the OLD install.

Any thoughts - anyone - been there maybe???

Cheers

Peter

If you copy the data files from the original installation to the Application Data path location under About Manager on the new install they should (toes crossed) link up directly.

If the new install Application Data path location has some existing files (Data or Size), don’t copy over them as they relate to the new install. Only copy the missing files.

Thanks Brucanna - I will try that first - Awesome help thankyou - just the info I needed to not #### things up!

Cheers
Peter