Keyboard delete key not working in Manager on Windows machines

Hi

I did an update yesterday and now the keyboard delete key does not function in manager. It works ok in other applications I have used - any ideas?

Thanks

windows version

Version number -Windows & Manager?

Right version of Manager - 64 or 32 bit Windows?

manager version 21.2.24

windows 10 pro 10.0.19041 build 19041

Where are you expecting the keyboard Delete key to work that it does not? What are you trying to do? Please be specific. For example, if you are typing a description on a sales invoice line and press the Delete key, what happens? There is almost no other other situation in Manager where the Delete key on your keyboard will do anything. To delete transactions, customers, suppliers, inventory items, etc., you must Edit the relevant record and click a Delete button on screen.

just in general typing of characters i.e if something is misspelt in a description on an invoice, I can’t use the delete key on the keyboard to remove the character, I can only remove characters by using the backspace key. It only happens in manager. The delete key is working fine as I type this response in the chrome web browser or any other application I have used today. It is the same on another Windows pc that I updated this morning to the latest manager version.

What edition (desktop, server, or cloud) of Manager are you using?

desktop

Well, it isn’t a generic Manager issue. I’ve just tested on both desktop and cloud editions, versions 21.2.24 and 21.2.25. It’s either a Windows problem on your machine or a hardware problem.

Strange, it is happening on 2 independant windows pc’s and only noticed after the update

we had not updated manager for some time, it went from 20.2.34 to 21.2.24
the 3 windows 10 pc’s that I did the update on all share the same problem with the delete key.
I also have a laptop with the old version 20.2.34 and the delete key works correctly in manager.
It’s not hardware because it is happening on 3 independent pc’s and I think it is unlikely it is a windows problem

I admit your logic sounds persuasive. But of all the Manager users in the world on three different operating systems, you are the only one who has complained of this.

What language do you use? And what keyboard standard?

English language, us version keyboard (qwerty)

I still wonder if it has to do with the update…it was a very scary update. Initially, after the update I was faced with a very long list of unrecognisable company files. The company files were just long alpha numeric file names but none were the company names that I use, they were not in the list (and manager was looking in the correct folder). I attempted to open one and manager crashed or closed. Upon re-opening manager I could now see the 2 company names that I use and a much smaller list of old company files with dates in 2019 which i have now removed.
Now when I open manger I can see the 2 correct company names and everything seems ok in regard to my data. But I am pretty sure that this delete key problem occurred after the update.

I can confirm this issue.
in manager 21.2.24 and 25, a highlighted text or portion of text, can not be removed by pressing the DEL key, whereas it works this way up to Ver 21.2.22

DEL key not working

#metoo

Windows 10 Desktop version 21.2.25

I moved this topic to bugs and edited the title.

If you open a link in a new browser window, then the Delete key works in the new browser window

Should be fixed in the latest version (21.2.26)

update 21.2.29 completed but manager would not start - even as administrator

I re-installed manager and selected the option to “repair” the installation
after this I was forced to install a Microsoft edge application.

after doing this, manager opened normally and the delete key is functional again.

Thanks for the fix but I think there is something wrong with the update not working without doing a repair