Normally, I logoff my normal user account and logon to the administrator account (Windows 7), and then update Manager. However, a month or so ago, I tried the shift run as administrator option on my normal user login.
It appeared to update Manager, but when I ran Manager it came up with errors. Comparing files on my computer with my laptop it looked like the files where Manager is installed, so I just copied the files over from my computer to my laptop and it worked. Basically the files had not updated properly even though I was running shift run as admin.
So I decided in future, to just install from my admin account. The next time I updated Manager, I logged on as admin and ran the update and that worked fine. However, when I logged on as my normal user account, it was still running under the old version of Manager - the admin account was running under the new version of Manager, and the standard user account was running as the old version. I had to run the update again (but this time under standard user account) and then it updated to the latest version on my normal user account.
So when I update Manager on the laptop, I now need to login as admin, run the update, then logon as my normal user account and run the update again! I need to login as admin to get the program to install correctly as it does not install correctly under shift run as admin - as I got issues with that as described earlier. Then I need to run update under my normal user account to get the version of Manager to update on that login.
Can the install routine be fixed. I am going to try and see if deleting the profile on my standard user might fix it so that I only have to run the update once under the admin account.