Issue with Customers record

in one of businesses, i have Balnck Record for customer,

when click edit, no delete option, only Update !

any idea for this

I Don’t have that kind of problem, using version 18.1.78

i dont have it on other businesses on same server !

by the way, how to know which version is running ?

Do you mean you don’t have the same problem or you don’t have the Delete button?

Sorry,
i mean i don’t have same problem with other businesses

no such option

Then you may update by download the latest version. Every Week there is major fixes and updates. But before you do. please backup the current .manager file

This problem is not likely to be fixed by updating software. Every business listed on the Businesses page is run by the same software version. So if some businesses work correctly, there is a problem with the business data file for the business that does not.

@Ayman, can you please post screen shots of two things:

1. Another customer edit screen from the same business.

2. A customer edit screen from a different business.

I am troubled by several things. The first is that your Update button is blue instead of green. The second is that the Billing address field is expandable, which is not normally the case. These suggest quite an old version of Manager. Yet your Custom Fields presentation matches a fairly recent update.

here is Edit Another customer from same business

and here is Customer edit screen form other business

the version am not sure about, but i do update on 15th Feb 2018 the server edition

Try this. Enter some name for this blank customer and click Update. Then Edit again to see if you can delete it.

That might be able to tell us whether it can update the entry as to rewrite to current format. :grinning:

I do tried this, no delete option appear

More over, when i keep dummy customer name in this record and tried to add new customer, dummy customer details appear as default on the new entry

Regards;
Ayman

You have a serious problem. The customer entry form does not have any provision for default entries.

If you have a recent backup of this business, add it as a new business, leaving the date code in place temporarily so you can tell the businesses apart. See if the same problem exists. You can always remove the backup later.

By the way, @acecombat2’s suggestion on looking up the version number does not apply to the server edition, which does not have the Support tab. But this problem is not caused by your application software. This is a problem with the data file.

ouch… must be very old data carried over. Usually the idea just came to me when I tried to use updated data on old version return some error that it says does not compatible. That is when I assume the data changed/updated the format following the new version of Manager. If I recalled the server edition is an old version way behind desktop version that we have now.

No. Early last year there was a period of a few weeks when the server edition was frozen. That happened because of a change to the scheme of where data files were stored. But the scheme turned out not to work for all editions, so it was abandoned. Since then, and normally, all editions available for download are the same version number at any given moment. If @Ayman updated 5 days ago, his server edition is very recent.

@Ayman, here is something else to try. First, make a backup of the business. Then do a batch update of your customers. Follow the instructions here: Manager Cloud.

You can try a Batch Delete first. But be very cautious. The Batch Delete should only apply to customers with no records. But pay close attention to the list of planned deletions that comes up before actually hitting the Delete button. If there is anything else on the list besides the troublesome customer, do not delete.

If you are not brave, or any customer besides the troublesome one comes up, use Batch Update. Copy the entire list. Then delete the bad customer from the spreadsheet before copying and pasting the spreadsheet back into the window.

tried to do batch update, it is confusing :slight_smile:

select Batch deletion, it select this buggy record, and other 10 Customers where no invoices been created to them yet.
but apparently issue solved, will update here if it returns

Thanks @tut & @acecombat2 for interacting