Invoice series and number editing. Looking for solution

Hello everybody,

How to make invoice series before number? example: LTU 0001 or LTU - 000001

Now in the invoice show only number (digits) without series (letters) because program automatic generate document number. Also ho to make that show more symbols number? Now counting from 0. I want to make counting from 0000 to 9999. The program should generate all second numbers with series automatic after entering the first new series+number.

i think it cant be. you can type it manually

Problem that manual can be entered any series and number combination but program not save it as default and every second invoice number will generate automatic without entered letters before digits. So, program itself will generate second number without user settings. Program not understand and not store personal choise now.

am facing the same problem but we cant do anything for it except type it manually.

note: you can see the last invoice series and number and then type the next series and number u want, this is what i got for your help.
accept my kind help.

Thanks. Anyway it is solution. Will be better if program can do it automatic. I not trust that it is impossible. Needed source code of program and we can it solve ourselves. Right?

Do not include personal data in responses.

@Gediminas Manager is not open source . Just because the desktop version is free doesnt let you imagine that it can be broken down and changed as per your whims. The developer has to earn a living.

Hello Spandan

Understand. How to solve this problem? It is very actual for many user in the Europe. I mean not only desktop version. With server version a same problem.

I not mean a column with numbered rows (positions). I mean Invoice Serial and Number (it’s document serial and number).

Examle: Document number:
LTU “000001

@Gediminas, you Keep asking the same question. Manager will only provide a numerical sequence number.

Maybe exist solution how to add prefix? Also program remove all zeros added before whole digits. Do not show this combination: 0001 or other with zeros before 1-9 digits. No any solution?

Replace:

{% for field in fields %}
   <div style="font-weight: bold">{{ field.label }}</div>
   <div style="margin-bottom: 10px">{{ field.text }}</div>
{% endfor %}

For:

{% for field in fields %}
   {% if field.label == "Invoice number" %}
    <div style="margin-bottom: 10px">{{ reference | prepend:"000000000" | slice: -9, 9 }}</div>
   {% endif %}
   {% if field.label != "Invoice number" %}
    <div style="margin-bottom: 10px">{{ field.text }}</div>
   {% endif %}
 {% endfor %}

Be sure that the text " Invoice number " is the language you are using. This code does not change the invoice number used in manager. It only changes the number shown on the invoice.

1 Like

Thanks Frenkie. I will try

Dear Developer, you really need to add this functionality to have series number. This is nothing more than adding a field to settings page where user can set up company’s series number for invoices. Nothing else. So please, do this simple thing and improve the program. This is ACTUALLY IMPORTANT for all the users! Unless, you do not know how to program it.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Theme selection

I still do not see an option to add custom invoice code before invoice number. This is actually required in out country and helps separate different invoices (shop sales, internet sales, etc.). When will this functionality be available?

1 Like

Wrong, not for me

A post was merged into an existing topic: Additional option for copy function

That’s required by law also in Italy

Hello,

In Lithuania it is also required. I know only one way now. You should add series into theme template.