Invoice discount

Is it possible while creating an account in the chart of accounts to select a custom account for the discount instead of ignoring the total discount and considering it a reduction in the unit price?
Example (when creating an inventory sales account - P&L / income - an expense account is selected for inventory sales account discounts - P&L / expenses)
This would also require disclosing the discount total separately within the invoice end totals.
It would be more creative if we could specify a custom title for the discount field with the discount total.

You can achieve this by adding a line item and entering a negative amount for the discount line item.

Thanks for help, but I canā€™t.
Iā€™ve two types of discounts. One is for the line item and the 2nd for the total invoice.
Actually I don not have any discounts at all in my business but itā€™s ā€˜fines or penaltiesā€ dedicated from my invoice by the customer like if I didnā€™t deliver the work or the invoice items on time. something like that.
The other way is using a credit note for the customer by the penalties details but for some reasons we should declare these penalties at the sales invoice because each amount of penalties is related to one item of the sales invoice unless that all deducted amount is penalties for the total invoice.
Could you please support improving the current discount feature?

These can already be added as separate line items, posted to any suitable account. Enter them with negative unit prices. This is no different from the separate line discount @Abeiku mentioned.

No change or improvement is needed to accomplish what you are trying to do. You just need to set up a suitable expense account to post the fines/penalties/discounts to.

1 Like

Using any negative values for line items price is refused by customer or you can say it would be unacceptable as we have a contract with this customer where the serviceā€™s price had been set in advance and must creat the invoice items ā€œservicesā€ by these prices without any new items. Thats means I canā€™t add new line item with any item not exist in our contract.

Then maybe you should ask your customer how to accomplish this magic.

They said that I should use the discount field for the invoice item penalties and I should have ability to add the total invoice penalties as total invoice discount like about 35 supplier contracted with the same customer with the same contract services and theyā€™re able to creat the invoice by the same way with different accounting systems :thinking:
Iā€™m only the one who canā€™t with my accounting system ā€œManagerā€.

Well, Manager just doesnā€™t work that way. So you have two options. Either choose a different accounting system or create a pseudo-invoice in a word processing or spreadsheet program and create a document manually to keep your customer happy.

I have to say, though, I have never encountered an accounting department so hung up on format.

Custom themes can easily do that. But the only problem with that is that the Saudi QR code will not work.

Thatā€™s exactly how we are supposed to do business in the GCC. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for the help. However, I am very disappointed that Manager cannot introduces these simple features in more flexibly even though some already exist in others tabs in ā€œmanagerā€.

So. @lubos should give us help on that. at least we must have QR working for custom themes.

Kindly put QR code comments under QR code topics

I put it almost everywhere, the conversation here brings us to one of the problems with the original topic. :rose:

And that is exactly the problem. Scattering discussion through multiple topics makes information harder to find and lessens the chance of obtaining help.

1 Like