Discount in Amount per Item and Total Discount

Is this possible to enter Discount in Amount per Item or Total Discount at bottom of an inventory sales invoice. Thanks in Advance.

1 Like

Yes, just add another line to the invoice and enter the amount as negative. This will show as an invoice line, not a separate total.

Is this possible to add “Total Discount in %” and “Service Charges %” at bottom of an inventory sales invoice. Thanks in Advance

No. Discounts must be applied line by line. Service charges would need to be separate line items, too. The reason is that, if someone makes a partial return, there is no way to recover the discount unless it was applied to a specific line.

Hi @Tut, how will this effect the posting of the items in the backend?
Where should the discount line (negative value) be posted to (keep it in mind that i have a custom accounts for the product being sold):

A - Custom income account
or
B - Custom expense account

Thank you.

You have responded to a subject that has already covered several things. So it is not clear what you are asking. Please be more specific and describe the situation in detail.

To an expense account called “Discounts” or “Promotions” or “Marketing” - your choice.

1 Like

@Inline
current version, you don’t need to use negative value for discount line
please check following link

Discount Account normally shown under Income section
To Deduct sales Income
Thanks

@San_Thida_Myo_Latt Thank you, this is the way i was looking for, since i keep each brand i have separate accounts.

“Discount Account normally shown under Income section
To Deduct sales Income”
:ok_hand: