Inventory Unit

Manager is an excellent program, but I have a question, how can the unit be divided into smaller units, for example when buying the unit was a carton with 24 pieces, while the sale is per piece, which is part of 24 in the box
How can the unit be Change on the system upon sale?

Please search the forum before starting new topics. This issue has been discussed many, many times. The short answer is you cannot change the unit of measure. You either need two items, using production orders to convert one to another, or you need to standardize your buying and selling units.

I think it is not logical to buy and sell with same unit in all products , It is necessary to divide the large unit into smaller units, and this is logical in all programs.so this system is not suitable for me

And that is exactly what production orders will do. For example, you define one inventory item A as a case of product and another B as a unit of product. Then enter a production order to convert, for example, 1 case of A into 24 units of B. No system is going to keep track of inventory in multiple units of measure.

Check this topic up, it may help you Multiple Unit types under inventory items

Hi Tut. Your statement that no system will keep track of multiple units of measure for inventory is simply not true. I have worked with MRP/ERP systems for 40 years as a software engineer and many systems do support that feature. Item definitions on Tier 1 systems will support this, by using U/M types. Usually, a primary “Stocking type” U/M would be the one used for physical inventory. There can be selling U/M, purchasing U/M, production U/M for raw goods conversion to finished goods through bills of material etc. The system maintains conversion ratios for each of these U/M relationships and automatically performs the conversion when required by the software.

I’m not suggesting that Manager should be coded for this, but it is a practice within the industry.

I’m wondering why the OP cannot simply convert his purchase invoice or receipt?

For example we just paid for items today. 2 - 5 packs. I divided the cost of a 5pk by 5 and entered my document as a receipt of 10 units. Totals are identical and inventory is right.

Definitely not a reason to throw the baby out with the bath water.

I knew as soon as I posted someone would take issue. But I didn’t have time to explain further, as your more lengthy post partially did. Manager is an accounting system, not an MRP or ERP system. So it lacks many sophisticated characteristics. I also have experience with the type of systems you mentioned. Every one I am familiar with still keeps track in one primary unit of measure and makes conversions when necessary based on stored relationships. It would have been more accurate for me to include a whole paragraph rather than a brief sentence. In fact, it would have been even better to explain that Manager’s manually entered production orders do what automatic routines perform in more elaborate (and expensive) MRP/ERP systems.

Suppos,
You buy and sell Red Leaf Pen.
Black, Blue and Red ink.

You buy 1 Box (24 pcs) for ৳ 250
You sell 1 pc for ৳ 16

I am creating inventory for Black ink Red Leaf pen.

You have to create other two ink colour also.

Here, x24P will remind you that when creating purchase invoice, you have to enter 24/48/72/96 on Qty column. Purchase invoice total will be automatically ৳ 250 for 24 pcs.

You don’t need Box or Cartoon unit.
You need to focus on Sales unit.

Manager is a programme with unique possibility.

I love it.