Inventory quantity owned does note reflect production orders

Hi I am using production order feature in the cloud Manager version and have been creating production batches since the implementation of new system. However, although new stock produced is appearing in ‘quantity on hand’ but it does not reflect in quantity owned. Is this intentional?

The total number appearing on quantity owned is correct but when I drill down the details, it does not include production orders, can you please check?

I am attaching screenshots as well. I am also using delivery note feature.

thanks,
Usman

Maybe those production orders have insufficent quantity on input items?

See: Understand insufficient quantity on a production order | Manager

Thank you for your message Lubos.

Please find below screenshot for production orders. All POs have been completed successfully, all input items were available.

Regards,
Usman

I just checked the inventory quantity report and it shows the correct inventory movement. The issue is in quantity owned feature of the system.

What do you mean by this? Do you mean you have been manufacturing under production orders, or that you are using Batch Create to enter some type of transactions? If so, what transactions? And what “new system” are you referring to?

According to your screen shots, your start date for Manager was 1-Mar-21. That was only three days ago. So it seems strange since you mention implementation of a new system.

Yes, but what are you using them for? Delivery notes are issued only to record delivery of items sold on sales invoices or return of items from credit notes (via negative entries). See https://www.manager.io/guides/10676. Instead, it looks like you might be using them to record movement of inventory between various locations of your business. For that, you should use inventory transfers. See https://www.manager.io/guides/10707. Your screen shots show both additions and subtractions to the quantity on hand from the same delivery note. Except for the reverse delivery notes that correspond to credit notes, all delivery notes should subtract from the quantity on hand.

You also appear to be using a lot of journal entries. If you are using them for writing down inventory (such as those recording transfers to paper waste), you should use inventory write-offs. See https://www.manager.io/guides/10709. Journal entries for quantity adjustment are only used for write-ons. See https://www.manager.io/guides/20615.

To really understand what is happening in your records, you need to post the following screen shots:

• Edit screens for journal entries #7 and #8 (one addition and one subtraction)
  • Edit screen for production order #4
  • Edit screen for delivery note #58
  • Edit screen for the sales invoice that led to delivery note #58.

What do you mean by this? Do you mean you have been manufacturing under production orders, or that you are using Batch Create to enter some type of transactions? If so, what transactions? And what “new system” are you referring to?

I was referring to the cloud manager version that was implemented from 1st March 2021. We have been creating completed production orders without any insufficient input quantity. Which means that all production orders are completed without any issue and quantity on hand is updated correctly. I did not use batch create functionality and was only referring to production order transactions which were created manually one by one.

According to your screen shots, your start date for Manager was 1-Mar-21. That was only three days ago. So it seems strange since you mention implementation of a new system.

I was referring to the implementation of Manager ERP which was implemented 3 days ago.

Yes, but what are you using them for? Delivery notes are issued only to record delivery of items sold on sales invoices or return of items from credit notes (via negative entries). See Create delivery notes | Manager. Instead, it looks like you might be using them to record movement of inventory between various locations of your business. For that, you should use inventory transfers. See Transfer inventory between locations | Manager. Your screen shots show both additions and subtractions to the quantity on hand from the same delivery note. Except for the reverse delivery notes that correspond to credit notes, all delivery notes should subtract from the quantity on hand.

I understand that delivery notes are used to dispatch stock to customers but just wanted to highlight this and I believe it is not related to my issue. I just wanted to share complete information.

You also appear to be using a lot of journal entries. If you are using them for writing down inventory (such as those recording transfers to paper waste), you should use inventory write-offs. See Write off inventory | Manager. Journal entries for quantity adjustment are only used for write-ons. See Write on inventory | Manager.

I am using journal entries to transfer the cost of paper waste from ‘Flocked Cone’ (which is a finished product) to ‘Paper Waste’ item code which is sold separately. I do not want to use inventory write down feature as it will write off the cost from inventory.

• Edit screens for journal entries #7 and #8 (one addition and one subtraction)

Edit screen for production order #4

Edit screen for delivery note #58

Edit screen for the sales invoice that led to delivery note #58.

We have not yet sent the invoice for this delivery note as it is pending

There have been about 15 updates already during that time span.

I do not know what you mean by this. When one aspect of Manager is in error, it often affects others. What are you using the delivery notes for?

That is not what you are doing. Your journal entry #7 is actually creating 32100 Flocked Cones from your Retained earnings account, in other words, directly out of profit, with no input billl of materials. Journal entry #8 is adding 1910 units of Paper Waste to inventory by removing 36800 Flocked Cones from inventory.

If you want to transfer costs without quantities, leave the Qty field blank. And understand that neither of these journal entries has anything to do with a delivery note. So why did you describe the transactions as being related to delivery notes #56 and #57?

You also need a credit note for the rejections.

But let’s return to your original issue of production order quantities not showing up in your drill-down of Qty owned. The only input inventory item in the bill of materials for Flocked Cone is Raw Cone. Please post a screen shot of a drill-down on Qty owned for Raw Cone.

Also, does your Summary page show a Production in progress asset account? If so, drill down on its balance and post a screen shot of the contributing transactions.

I do not know what you mean by this. When one aspect of Manager is in error, it often affects others. What are you using the delivery notes for?

Please ignore this as it is not related to my issue, thanks.

That is not what you are doing. Your journal entry #7 is actually creating 32100 Flocked Cones from your Retained earnings account, in other words, directly out of profit, with no input billl of materials. Journal entry #8 is adding 1910 units of Paper Waste to inventory by removing 36800 Flocked Cones from inventory.

If you want to transfer costs without quantities, leave the Qty field blank. And understand that neither of these journal entries has anything to do with a delivery note. So why did you describe the transactions as being related to delivery notes #56 and #57?

You asked for the details for JV 7, my explanation related to transfer of scrap cost out of Flocked cone was not related to this. Here, I am just reinstating my opening inventory returns and I did not want to adjust the opening stock. This is why I have credited retained earnings. Delivery notes 56 and 57 are recorded prior to 1st March (part of opening outstanding transactions). Changes in delivery notes 56 & 57 will not reflect in the inventory, which is why I had to pass this journal.

You also need a credit note for the rejections.

Thank you for sharing this, I was under the impression that I do not need to do anything for rejection as if I have recorded a delivery note for 100 units and rejection is 20, I will only make an invoice of 80. Will this suffice?

But let’s return to your original issue of production order quantities not showing up in your drill-down of Qty owned. The only input inventory item in the bill of materials for Flocked Cone is Raw Cone. Please post a screen shot of a drill-down on Qty owned for Raw Cone.

Also, does your Summary page show a Production in progress asset account? If so, drill down on its balance and post a screen shot of the contributing transactions.

Production in progress 1

Please let me know if you need further details. I really appreciate your support on this.

Regards,
Usman

@lubos Could you please help share your feedback whether it is a bug? Is there a separate customer support service available for users who have subscribed to Manager cloud version?

Please let me know if you need further information.

regards,
Usman

Sorry, only now I realized what you are referring to. Yes - this is a bug. When clicking on the figure, it must match to what you see when you drill-down.

It has been fixed in the latest version (21.3.24).

@lubos Thank you very much for your support. Issue has been fixed on the cloud version.