Inventory quantity and value combined report

Is it possible to create a custom report which shows inventory quantity and value summary combined report. Like on a specific date report shows inventory item name, inventory closing balance quantity, inventory closing balance amount (all without zero quantity). Copying inventory item tab to excel then creating the required report is doing the job but it takes too much time and sometimes not possible if we excess the business from a small screen like mobile. Help required to create this simple report, please.

1 Like

You cannot create such a custom report. Custom reports are based on reporting ledger entries, not processed summaries.

Ok thank you. Then requested to developer for create a such report in built in options. Just with three columns of item name, qty and amount or add amount in inventory quantity summary report or add quantity in value summary report, please

I encourage the creation of such a report.
For me, I’m doing a stock quantity report, copying it to excel, also deciding the value of the inventory, copying it to the excel, and then combining the two reports with an equation to get the average price of the inventory items

And then I created my report with the following columns.
Inventory item name
Available quantity
Average cost
Total value

This report I submit monthly to the administration, among other reports.

I’d like such a report to be ready with the Manager

1 Like

You can obtain what you describe by copying the Inventory Items tab listing.

Yes you are right , but there is a problem in this method that if we want a old date stock report then we have to delete the inventory items which are created after our required report on excel sheet, because stock quantity report shows all inventory items and stock value report shows required date items.

That’s exactly what’s going on with me.
And that takes time.

Is this report available within the Manager

That seems to me an acceptable solution.
But the problem is, I can’t set the end date of the report to get the desired result.

For example, if I want to prepare this report at the end of 11/2021

How can I get this result, and I have several entries after this date?

@164Morhf, your desire illustrates a reality: no accounting system can anticipate every report every user might want in the exact format they want want to see. You have several choices:

• You can educate your management about the features and capabilities of the system (Manager) you have chosen to use. This might mean management must get used to looking at two reports that are built-in, the Inventory Value Summary and the Inventory Quantity Summary, rather than a single combined report. These have the advantage of being editable for specific dates.
  • You can take advantage of the copying capability and manipulate data in a spreadsheet of your own to produce a spreadsheet in the exact format they are used to seeing. This takes more work, but adds no benefit.
  • You can join the modern age and teach your management to use the program directly, so they have access not only to this specific information, but other information as well. Their access can be limited and controlled through User Permissions.

@Tut That’s very good ideas.
I thank you for your interest.

Indeed, the Manager is the best accounting program that serves the requirements of the modern era.

But there is still the question that why qty report shows all items instead of specific date and value report shows specific date items. If manager adopt value reports items in qty report then all things will be easy.

Your question does not make sense. Both reports allow you to define a date range. And both reports allow you to include or exclude items with no movement during that date range.

May be its a bug because for example i set the qty report start and end both on 18 then it will show 114 item and same report on value shows 104 items, that 10 items are those which created after 18th. Have a check.

@fahad, inventory items do not have creation dates associated with them. So the ones created after the report period will still be listed in the Inventory Quantity Summary report unless you exclude items with no movement. If you look at the items created after Day 18, you should see that they have no entries in any of the columns. The report is designed this way because, years ago, many users requested this feature. They emphasized it is important to know if inventory items were not in stock on specific dates, even though it makes the report longer. Prior to that change, only items in stock were displayed to keep reports shorter.

The design philosophy for the Inventory Value Summary is different. As long as zero-movement items are not excluded, items are shown if they have ever had value up until the reporting period. This is important, because it tells you that an item that previously had value did not have any value during the reporting period. For that type of analysis, items that did not yet exist at the time of the report have no purpose.

@Tut thank you for your brief answer.