Installation

Installation

We thank everyone and extend our sincere thanks for the effort made by the program management in developing and amending and hearing the views of the public.

We hope that those in charge of the program will make a video explaining how to install and download the program for each of them separately (desktop - server networks - cloud) for Windows and System IOS and provide databases and programming languages ​​such as JavaScript
For example, the way to install the network version of the server, which is the most complex in the installation methods, must be the explanation in all languages, as I use the Arabic version and aspire to get the network version and I am still waiting for the matter moment by moment since the release of the program until now. Is it possible for those in charge of the program to upload these videos to the site’s forum?
Thank you all for your cooperation

why? Manager installs like any other program. any user who is competent enough to handle a computer can install Manager easily.

these are not necessary for the basic functions of the program. such advanced features will only be used by advanced users who in my opinion do not require video tutorials.

the first note you see on the guide for server edition is below. it is very much self explanatory.

also, you can make use of Google Translate.

@alwakeel, the developer has already considered and rejected the idea of supporting the Manager application with video instruction for a number of reasons backed up by significant instructional design research. And there is no intent to furnish basic information technology training on the forum or in the Guides.

Thank you and respect the response and transparency of dealing with customers

I fully agree with @Tut and @sharpdrivetek.
Manager Updates very quickly over the time and video guides are quickly became outdated and outdated guides mislead the users which is not good for any software.

Out of professional interest, @lubos could you please share some referenced material that explains this. @Omnipotent.inc you are right that Manager’s quick development makes guides quickly obsolete but that is the same for the current online guides that are not kept up to date either, ie in principle not the medium that is the problem but the many changes. I understand for reasons of becoming obsolete at the time of release why video instruction would be a waste of time but from an educational and instructional point of few I really would like to read up on some referenced journal articles that seem to support video instruction to less effective than written guideliness with screenshots.

Sir, are you stronger than Microsoft and its software supported by visual aids, the speed of understanding and assimilation of information?
Or are you stronger than Adobe?
Or are you better than the social media companies that use Motion Graphics in all their products?
All of the above uses visual means to explain and clarify the information, and if the product develops, the means are developed
Thanks to all the commenters

why? the developer is free to take decisions in the best interest of the product with the available resources.

the answer would be NO to all questions.

if Manager had such resources, the products would be priced higher and you can expect minimal response from the company to your queries.
do you find the CEO of all companies you mentioned interacting with the users of their products on a daily basis and providing solutions?

Manager is used around the world and even if video tutorials are provided, which language would you prefer? do all those companies provide video tutorials customized to every language?

please do not degrade or be sarcastic towards other users who are trying to help just for the sake of argument.

2 Likes

@alwakeel have you ever seen Microsoft and Adobe updating its product 3 to 5 times or even more times a day ? They can easily update their guides as they are updating there product once in a month

Have you get direct reply from satya nadela or shantanu narayan ?
@lubos is replying directly for ideas and issues.

2 Likes

I am not arguing the decision, but reference was made that this was “…backed up by significant instructional design research…” I have been researching e-learning, online learning, video supported learning, etc. for more than 15 years and hence an interest in recent developments that I did not come across. I do not care about having video or not as I already indicated that Manager updates so frequently that there is no purpose doing videos and guides as they outdate themselves while making them. For me this forum is more than enough and education about accounting can be done elsewhere.

If you are that interested, why don’t you develop the videos you would like to see and then offer them to whoever wants them - free or at a price?

3 Likes

I Completely Agree with @Joe91
@alwakeel You Can Develop your Own Video Guides And Share Them in your profile on Forum on the topic As per your own Choice. (Do Not Share in any Topic as Forum is not made for Self Promotion) .
Just Put the link in your Profile only.

1 Like