Installation Problem

Hello.

I have just installed Manager x64 on my desktop with Windows 10 Pro x64. I did the installation properly and also ran the installation for Edge WebView2 when I first opened the Manager. However, whenever I ran the Manager again, it always shows the prompt to Install WebView2 again. I always let it run, but when it is done, I am never able to add more tabs by using the Customize button. Whenever I press the Update button, nothing happens.
Please help, I have tried all that I could. I even reinstalled the Windows, downloaded all the relevant updates from Windows, and even tried manually installing the WebView2 directly from Microsoft. Nothing works.
I am running the latest version of the Manager.

I also tried installing the Manager using the same msi setup file on my laptop, and it works perfectly fine on it. It only prompted once to install the WebView2 and the Customize option works perfectly fine.

1 Like

maybe @lubos needs to look into this. there have been few users experiencing and reporting similar issue on the forum in the last few days.

@faizy13 if you could post a screenshot of your system specs it would be helpful.

Will get the screenshot tomorrow. My desktop system is HP Z400 Workstation with Intel Xeon W3565 Processor with 4GB (2x2) RAM.

Im facing the same problem, pleae update me

Still no update on this issue.
It will be solved by @lubos only.

Hi Everyone…!

This may could help to solve this issue…!\

I have been trying to fix this problem since two days and I have tried every possible ways to overcome this error and Finally it worked for me on windows 10 X64. ( note: this problem is occurring on Windows7 and Windows 10 with latest Manger versions)

First step-----> Install Microsoft Edge Manually.
Second Step–> Install Microsoft WebView2 runtime Manually

You can get them on Microsoft Website, once you finish Installation restart your PC.

Then go to Settings> System>Apps&features. find Microsoft Edge and click on MODIFY once it’s done do same for Webview2 and Manager then restart your PC. Now try to run Manger and it should work without any problem.

Remark: if you install the the latest versions of Manager on Windows 11 it works smoothly no issues at all.

Thank you and hope this step fix your nightmares :slight_smile:

1 Like