Increase size of Statement Balance field in Bank Reconciliation

i just upgrade version v22.12.29.575 and found it little bug in Bank Reconcilliation at input statement balance can not 2 decimal, i input 2 digit decimal always just accept 1 decimal then make status bank reconcilliation “not reconcilled”.
i upload sample, just Rp currency can not 2 decimal another currency can, before install v.22 still can

Untitled

Your description is not clear. Your screen shot does not seem to illustrate what you describe. If you are not comfortable writing in English, perhaps you could try translation software.

I filled in the value in the statement balance column in the bank reconciliation module in Indonesian currency using 2 decimal places. for example I want to enter the value 175401235839.82 but the result that appears is 175401235839.80. but earlier versions could
I hope u understand my explanation :pray:
thank u

I input the nominal with 175,401,235,839.82 only 175,401,235,839.80 appears. but if I input 17,540,123,583.82 it can appear 17,540,123,583.82

You seem to be showing a small portion of the Bank Reconciliations tab listing, but it is impossible to tell for sure, because you have not shown enough of the screen. Specifically, the column headings are missing.

If I am correct, this does not show a difference between what you entered and what is displayed. This shows a difference between your records and your bank statement. Manager cannot resolve that without your actions. Either your entry or the bank is wrong. You must figure out which.

Did you follow through the reconciliation process? See Reconcile bank accounts | Manager.

I believe the problem is that Manager seems to only be working with 13 significant figures. Any digits after this are converted to 0s when the figure is entered into the Statement balance field.

I tried in a test business. If I enter 13 digits, there is no problem:

But if I enter any extra digits, they are converted to 0s:

I tested in version 23.1.2.580, cloud edition.

1 Like

175,401,235,839.82 Indonesian rupees seems to be worth about $ 11,257,847

It seems most unlikely that you have a bank balance that size and are using Manager for your accounts

sorry, the bank balance is in accordance with our company checking account

you right, but my problem status recons always not recons and red notice

They all look like they have fewer significant digits.

Why not? There are many private investment companies, joint ventures and holding companies with small operations. I have had one client managing $50m+ funds with a team of two, they can’t possibly use an ERP because that would be an overkill. Manager would be a perfect fit for their operations.

The problem isn’t with the database structure here, since it handled the book balance quite well. The issue here is a single field that is Statement Balance which I don’t think increasing its size would pose any problem.

So I think this should go into ideas for now.

Judging by the conversion given by @Joe, I assume that a rounding adjustment of 0.02 Indonesian Rupiah (~0.0.0000012 USD) wouldn’t cause any real issues for the time being, right?

Ideas or bugs? I see this issues has come up before. It was classified as a bug then, and @lubos said:

Whether that’s true or not, I have lived through hyperinflation in Zimbabwe, when a loaf of bread cost Z$10,000,000.00. So, I can well imagine the frustrations of trying to run accounts with a system that does not allow for more than 12 or 13 significant figures. However, I do not know enough about the workings of Manager and the database to know if there are limitations or potential issues with raising or removing the limits on the number of significant figures.

I’m sure you’re right that it’s an insignificant amount of money. But I would still find it annoying that Manager shows the account as not reconciled, even though the statement and records do actually match down to the smallest unit.

1 Like

I suspect Manager used double precision floating point for numeric calculations which has an accuracy of about 14 significant decimal figures. See Field calculation bug

1 Like

Improved in the latest version (23.1.6)

1 Like

thank you, admin responded very quickly. thanks Lubos.
This software is very practical and easy to use.
Problem solved :+1: